Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

My sister said it was a cool game so I downloaded the thing, did everything to get tons of credits, and made a cool avatar. I decided to play mostly because I heard you can actually DESIGN CLOTHING ON THERE!! ! So I went on the site to check out what it takes. It said i would have to get a PAID account to create stuff. This was the WHOLE REASON I was interested in the game!! !! I wanted to make clothes! I'm tired of games that tried this B.S. and I didn't play the game for a whole week after that. Now I finally remembered to uninstall the whole game, disable the godawful toolbar, and unlike it on facebook (if you liked it you got credits) Anyone else sick of games like this?

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

Hmm... it depends.

For example some of the big MMOs are extending the life of their games by going free play. Some of them find a careful balance between offering good minimal free content, and also offering Premium content for subscribers. I don't think it sounds like IMVU does this.

Kind of related I'm sometimes curious about 2nd Life but haven't tried it yet.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

IMVU still exists?

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 2:16 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
IMVU still exists?

yea. sadly. I remember I liked Meez more but haven't played on there in so long. Meez was so much more fun. But social games in general aren't my style, not because of whether or not I'm social but because of how fast they get boring. I like games where you actually DO things!! !! Like ride on zombie unicorns and fight the undead!

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

theaspiemusician wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
IMVU still exists?

yea. sadly. I remember I liked Meez more but haven't played on there in so long. Meez was so much more fun. But social games in general aren't my style, not because of whether or not I'm social but because of how fast they get boring. I like games where you actually DO things!! !! Like ride on zombie unicorns and fight the undead!

Would you mean games like AdventureQuest or Runescape?

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 4:41 pm

Douglas_MacNeill wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
IMVU still exists?

Would you mean games like AdventureQuest or Runescape?

kind of, yeah. Not those specific games though. I plan to make an MMORPG myself as soon as possible but it all depends on how fast I learn how to make one. And mine WILL include zombie unicorns and the undead. (though the game won't bee centered around the unicorns. They'll just be there for fun)

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 3:13 am

Damn, I remember my sister who's now 19 playing this when she was your age. Haha, that should tell you how "cool" that game is.

Me personally, I never got into MMOs at all, as basically I suck at games too much to be criticized and interact with other players. So I never like, play games online ever, especially MMOs. I tried Maplestory for literally about 20 minutes, and then never really bothered with it again. Oh well, racing simulators and Fallout are what interests me currently for games. My more "nerdy" and "gamer" friends don't like that I won't play games online, but I just don't like it. C'est la vie...

And yeah, IMVU is pretty much the most uncool thing around. Sorry.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 5:00 am

Second Life is pretty cool. You need a decent machine to run it and patience. The interface is a bit daunting for the uninitiated. But the creative power is there at your fingertips. You don't have to pay for anything in Second Life and anything you create you retain the intellectual property to. You can sell your items over and over and trade them for linden dollars which can be turned into real money.

You can easily get lost in second life, the world is gargantuan and that only describes 1% of it.