NΛSΛ is just about the worst "science

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

truth15ful
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2012, 11:24 pm

Their pride and joy is a billion-dollar airplane with cheap rockets attached to it, they faked one of the most memorable scientific landmarks of all time (if you would like to discuss this please PM me or start another thread), they cancelled the next generation of the Saturn rockets, and they never answer their phone. What's more, just today I heard about NΛSΛ's MMOD department, which deals with space junk, and a study that says they have "not kept pace" with their responsibilities. Despite the fact that NΛSΛ is responsible for a third of the world's space junk, and that they know the amount of space junk will increase exponentially and become harder to track as they collide with each other.
So... Yeah, the future of space travel looks pretty bleak, with no practical ideas with any money behind them. And even if there were, it would get shot down with space junk before it got out of orbit.
Your thoughts?

Last edited by truth15ful on 15 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:52 am

Your solutions?

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 5:16 am

Fnord wrote:
Your solutions?

I can make some kool aid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 5:28 pm

cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Your solutions?

Jonestown Kool-Aid?

truth15ful
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Your solutions?

I do have one, but not the money to do it.
I'll post it on my blog when I've written a good description of it, but it involves a laser coated in a pyroelectric material.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 1:14 am

Fnord wrote:
cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Your solutions?

Jonestown Kool-Aid?

Well you asked for solutions. You weren't specific. :)

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

Quote:
age 16

Quick! You should go work for them, while you still know everything.

I can post a lengthy reply, but I haven't got the time. This will have to do: you have no idea what you are talking about.

truth15ful
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2012, 7:11 pm

Dilbert wrote:
This will have to do: you have no idea what you are talking about.

To be honest you're probably right. I've never really seen the point in a spaceplane that launches like a rocket and is "like landing a brick" (as some astronauts have put it). It never made sense to me that the space shuttle has wings like any other air/space plane, but does not fly without the help of its rockets. (I call them cheap rockets because while the main orbiter has been basically reliable, it was the rockets and tank that ended up destroying Challenger and Columbia.)
I hold a very firm belief that ho human being has ever been to the moon, but like I said if you would like to discuss that with me, please PM me or start a new thread.
I referred to the Ares rockets as "the next generation" in the Saturn series because many of their parts, including the engines, were based on the Saturn designs. I know that the Ares and Saturn rockets are different in many ways and are not in the same series. Sorry if I was unclear.
I know that they don't answer their phone from personal experience with them. They have an answering machine, and I have doubts that they check it regularly.
It is true that NΛSΛ is responsible for about a third of the world's space junk and has an orbital debris department which many consider inadequate.
As Dilbert pointed out, I am only 16 and do not know everything, nor do I claim to. If I am wrong about anything I wrote here, please explain.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

truth15ful wrote:
To be honest you're probably right. I've never really seen the point in a spaceplane that launches like a rocket and is "like landing a brick" (as some astronauts have put it). It never made sense to me that the space shuttle has wings like any other air/space plane, but does not fly without the help of its rockets. (I call them cheap rockets because while the main orbiter has been basically reliable, it was the rockets and tank that ended up destroying Challenger and Columbia.)

The wings are there for the landing, after the reentry, (Needing ceramic tiles to protect the shuttle from the heat.) the shuttle plane to it,s landing site without needing any propulsion whatsoever.

truth15ful wrote:
I hold a very firm belief that ho human being has ever been to the moon, [...]

You should check on those sites, certainly more thrusting that the garbages of conspiratists who understand to physic, or optic and perspective for that matter.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

http://www.iangoddard.com/moon01.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_%282008_season%29#Episode_104_.E2.80.93_.22NASA_Moon_Landing.22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw[/youtube]

Considering that NASA launched humans to the moon is simply the most rationnal and simple explanantion.

truth15ful wrote:
[...] ,they cancelled the next generation of the Saturn rockets, [...]

In your opinion Saturn rockets were less powerful that stated anyway. The explanation for the cancellation of the Ares program may be simply a lack of budget. Congress ask the NASA to return to the moon with a shoe-stripped budget, what do you expect? NASA simply don't have as much money as at the time of the Appollo programs.

Last edited by Tollorin on 16 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Jan 2012, 8:59 pm

truth15ful wrote:
I hold a very firm belief that ho human being has ever been to the moon
Oh dear...

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 3:55 am

The moon is a place just like any other only harder to get to. We went there several times. I see moon rocks as proof. Why would NASA go through all the trouble of protecting those samples if it were just a hoax. Not to mention there's mirrors on the moon. Robots couldn't have set them up with such precision. If you have a very stable laser you can get them to reflect back at you. People want to know how our satellite is doing and how long we're going to have her.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 7:12 am

Quote:
Yeah, the future of space travel looks pretty bleak, with no practical ideas with any money behind them. And even if there were, it would get shot down with space junk before it got out of orbit.

No offence but just leave it to scientists. Or read a book or two on the actual subject. Leave the media and funky political conspiracy theories behind.

raykusray
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Feb 2012, 8:26 am

Aren't there two companies that are trying to get into commercial space travel? Is it SpaceX that's building a site out in a desert in the US?
My problem is that no one has solved the medical challenges that keep humans from deep space missions. It makes commercial travel risky, in my opinion.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

more than two,

theres one in denmark as well, thogh they are focusing on one man transport and small payloads.

(also if people dont believe we went there they should invest in a telescope, a laser and a photoreceptor, then one should reflect it off the mirrors on the moon)

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

raykusray

02 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

Mostly I worry about the medical problems. However, a valid point is brought up. To escape the atmosphere of earth, giant rockets are used, invariably. I'd like to see at least some innovation on the decades old science of "GIANT ROCKETS". Yeesh.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

Can you re-write my biography on Wikipedia please? It would be so much more interesting that the existing entry.