Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

I predict internal combustion horseless carriages will make walking obsolete.

bernerbrau
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2012, 2:34 pm

Electrical components will replace mechanical components in adding machines, which will become much more complex in their calculating abilities. Eventually they will communicate with each other over a system of wires like our modern telegraph system, allowing people to send funny pictures of cats across the globe in seconds.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

bernerbrau wrote:
Electrical components will replace mechanical components in adding machines, which will become much more complex in their calculating abilities. Eventually they will communicate with each other over a system of wires like our modern telegraph system, allowing people to send funny pictures of cats across the globe in seconds.

surely good sir, no gentleman would use an invention of that caliber in such a frivolous manner?

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

I predict computers and internet forums, on which we could discuss this very topic.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 3:10 pm

A box of bright coloured images will become the means of social control.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
I predict internal combustion horseless carriages will make walking obsolete.

More to the point: these contraptions will make HORSES obsolete.
Can you imagine that!
A world functioning without horses!

And we will exchange manure covered streets and flies, for clean streets with smog in the air!

I recently had a psychic vision about that contraption those bicycle mechanics built. You know- that non balloon flying machine built by the wright brothers.
My vision was that - somehow- that invention will cause the entire american population to go through rituals of humiliation- standing in line- by frisked- being viewed through their clothes on scanners that make them appear naked to strangers, taking off their shoes.

Not sure what that all has to do with flying. But thats what my visions tell me. Flying will be linked to these kinky nightmareish humiliation rituals! I woke up sweating!

DC
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 5:04 pm

If we burn all the unconventional fossil fuels, so all the tar sands & shales we go over 1000ppm concentration of CO2.

This leads to 15-20 C of average warming and 200ft sea level rise, we can also kiss goodbye to agriculture as we know it on 90% of the arable land we use today.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 5:14 pm

Women will be allowed to vote! Yeah, right...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInsq3FaOis[/youtube]

amongthetrees
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Greetings my friend.

We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what will happen on that fateful day. We will bring you all the evidence, based only on secret testimony, of those miserable souls who will survive this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places.

My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent.

My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space?

Perhaps, on your way home, someone will pass you in the dark, and you will never know it... for they will be from outer space.

quote: The Amazing Criswell

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

DC wrote:
If we burn all the unconventional fossil fuels, so all the tar sands & shales we go over 1000ppm concentration of CO2.

This leads to 15-20 C of average warming and 200ft sea level rise, we can also kiss goodbye to agriculture as we know it on 90% of the arable land we use today.

Got your threads mixed up.
This is the tongue-in-cheek 20th centurey thread.

The 21st Centurey one is down the hall a couple doors.

amongthetrees
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_DEtfvv9MU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 7:06 pm

amongthetrees wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_DEtfvv9MU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

How could I not recognize it!
Ofcourse.

From the greatest film of all time!

Plan 9 from outerspace.

amongthetrees
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:29 pm

:wink:

Indeed it is!
So many young people don't know of this crazy cult movie.
It is up to us to let them know of this great piece of cinematography.

A few more gems:
"... a flying saucer? You mean the kind from up there??"
"Yeah, either that or it's counterpart."
"Visits? That would indicate visitors!"
"I'll bet my badge we haven't seen the last of those weirdies."

DC
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
DC wrote:

Got your threads mixed up.
This is the tongue-in-cheek 20th centurey thread.

The 21st Centurey one is down the hall a couple doors.

Nope, the effect of CO2 in the atmosphere has been known for the whole of of the 20th century, that's why I posted it here.
The decisions to ignore the environment in the 20th century will be the cause of serious and avoidable problems.

But if we aren't allowed doom and gloom, communism will spread across the globe and herald a brave new world. Up the workers! Let us sing the Internationale comrades!

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 9:16 am

There will be a box that will not only emit sound, but also display pictures! And advertisers will make you buy their products because of clever jingles.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:38 am

We will all be rich and only have to work 2 days a week.