Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

Good name - decent hardware... yeah, you did pretty good.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 7:15 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Good name - decent hardware... yeah, you did pretty good.
yah i think so as well. I think idid much beter than the hp.
better brand better processor(so glad to have found an intel i3 2730m for this price), smooth touch pad whichmight have scroll(havvnt opened it yet), 1.3 mp cam

only fault is no usb 3,0

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

Hey guys I need some advice from those kind enough to lend me a helping hand! I have decided to return the laptop I purchased on black friday. It just doesn't perform as well as I feel it should/ For starters, it ahs several glitches. The first of these is that when I enter ''east coast time'' it gives me a different time. Another glitch is that when I cloick restart IT DOESNT RESTART. I also have run several speed tests on it, and it comes in at ''sloth speed''/. All in all I am not happy with it, and feel and I# should perform better. Anyway, I found a laptop I'm considering purchasing, and it looks like an incredible buy. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think!
thanks.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8810613878

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:56 pm

it looks like it has the same ram, the same processor and every other spec being the same.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

ASUS brand? I5 processor? You can't get much better! :D

Intel HD4000 video is better than you might expect, too.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 3:13 pm

MXH wrote:
it looks like it has the same ram, the same processor and every other spec being the same.
no it doesnt.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

BlueMax wrote:

is it good for the price? Im thinking if there is an i5 asus for this price I can probably snag an I3 asus for 399. I like that is ivy bridge. My current one is sandy bridge. I kept in mind your love for asus hehe. Asus is better than samsung right?

I thought intel graphics were crap?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

is it good for the price? Im thinking if there is an i5 asus for this price I can probably snag an I3 asus for 399. I like that is ivy bridge. My current one is sandy bridge. I kept in mind your love for asus hehe. Asus is better than samsung right?

I thought intel graphics were crap?

It's not *MY* love for ASUS, Consumer Reports is what keeps putting it at #1 year after year.

That's the absolute latest 3rd-generation processor there, and the HD4000 graphics are surprisingly good - it'll play some 3D games at the lappy's 720P resolution at moderate-to-high detail.

Samsung is still good too... $429 is a great price for this machine.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

cool cool...but the page says it has uma graphics not intel?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 5:54 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
MXH wrote:
no it doesnt.

yes it does. some underclocked intel chip, 4 gigs of ram and a hdd larger than it needs to be. you're buying a laptop, its not meant to be superfast or anything. Its meant to be portable, and because of that they cant go crazy on chips, clockspeeds, graphics cards (most use integrated graphics devices), etc. Which is why Im personally going to get a portable tablet and a tower. One to just browse, take notes and crap and the other for games, doing real work, etc. It can be done for less than 1 grand too and have 2 very good computers.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 8:44 pm

BlueMax wrote:
the second link is for i7 lol. anyway i think ill go with the asus unless further research indicates a better buy. Im not returning this one until january though. Im allowed to keep it until then.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

MXH wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
MXH wrote:
no it doesnt.

yes it does. some underclocked intel chip, 4 gigs of ram and a hdd larger than it needs to be. you're buying a laptop, its not meant to be superfast or anything. Its meant to be portable, and because of that they cant go crazy on chips, clockspeeds, graphics cards (most use integrated graphics devices), etc. Which is why Im personally going to get a portable tablet and a tower. One to just browse, take notes and crap and the other for games, doing real work, etc. It can be done for less than 1 grand too and have 2 very good computers.
if you have nothing supportive to say then dont comment. 500 gb hdd is the minimum recommended by consumer reports. I buy a laptop because i like them better..i dont travel anywhere i just like being able to place it on my lap...bring it in my gym to lift weights..or bring it up to my room. That's hardly portability. There is no reason in 2013 laptops can;t be both portable and fast. That is a very dumb thing to say..im sorry lol. Also if I were concerned with portability I would choose a smaller screen size. i would never buy a screen under 15.6. I dont need 2 very good computers and a tablet. I just need one decent quality cheap laptop.
BRO lol

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
the second link is for i7 lol. anyway i think ill go with the asus unless further research indicates a better buy. Im not returning this one until january though. Im allowed to keep it until then.

They usually only allow 14 days to return something.

The HD4000 graphics are the same on that i7 as it is in your i5... the graphics are what's being reviewed.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 9:39 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
MXH wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
MXH wrote:
no it doesnt.

if you have nothing supportive to say then dont comment. 500 gb hdd is the minimum recommended by consumer reports. I buy a laptop because i like them better..i dont travel anywhere i just like being able to place it on my lap...bring it in my gym to lift weights..or bring it up to my room. That's hardly portability. There is no reason in 2013 laptops can;t be both portable and fast. That is a very dumb thing to say..im sorry lol. Also if I were concerned with portability I would choose a smaller screen size. i would never buy a screen under 15.6. I dont need 2 very good computers and a tablet. I just need one decent quality cheap laptop.
BRO lol

Its good to see that you're still a dipshit who cant take advice to save his own life let alone to stop being such a little b***h and appreciate when someone takes the time to help you. BRAH

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 10:15 pm

BlueMax wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

They usually only allow 14 days to return something.

The HD4000 graphics are the same on that i7 as it is in your i5... the graphics are what's being reviewed.
they told me when ibought it i had until january. im not sure the exact date however.