Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 10:16 pm

MXH wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
MXH wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
MXH wrote:
it looks like it has the same ram, the same processor and every other spec being the same.
no it doesnt.

yes it does. some underclocked intel chip, 4 gigs of ram and a hdd larger than it needs to be. Youre buying a laptop, its not meant to be superfast or anything. Its meant to be portable, and because of that they cant go crazy on chips, clockspeeds, graphics cards (most use integrated graphics devices), etc. Which is why Im personally going to get a portable tablet and a tower. One to just browse, take notes and crap and the other for games, doing real work, etc. It can be done for less than 1 grand too and have 2 very good computers.
if you have nothing supportive to say then dont comment. 500 gb hdd is the minimum recommended by consumer reports. I buy a laptop because i like them better..i dont travel anywhere i just like being able to place it on my lap...bring it in my gym to lift weights..or bring it up to my room. That's hardly portability. There is no reason in 2013 laptops can;t be both portable and fast. That is a very dumb thing to say..im sorry lol. Also if I were concerned with portability I would choose a smaller screen size. i would never buy a screen under 15.6. I dont need 2 very good computers and a tablet. I just need one decent quality cheap laptop.
BRO lol

Its good to see that youre still a dipshit who cant take advice to save his own life let alone to stop being such a little b***h and appreciate when someone takes the time to help you. BRAH
im taking advice..blue's...and consumer reports

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 10:25 pm

ill just laugh when you spend extra money for the exact same computer specs.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 11:25 pm

The 3rd-generation i5 processor is far faster than the original A6-4400M.

The only thing the previous machine had better was moderately faster 3D gaming video (~25%) and the bigger hard drive.

The ASUS gains *far* better build quality, far better warranty support and more likely to live 3 years or more, as opposed to HP junk which has a very back track record for failure.

Still, if this is your ONLY machine, you might want better video still if you plan to play any games on it... I forget if you planned to or not. You'll want some sort of dedicated nVidia or ATI graphics, not integrated stuff. You might want a better screen resolution too... 1366x768 isn't all that great if you're using it all day long.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

BlueMax wrote:
The 3rd-generation i5 processor is far faster than the original A6-4400M.

The only thing the previous machine had better was moderately faster 3D gaming video (~25%) and the bigger hard drive.

The ASUS gains *far* better build quality, far better warranty support and more likely to live 3 years or more, as opposed to HP junk which has a very back track record for failure.

Still, if this is your ONLY machine, you might want better video still if you plan to play any games on it... I forget if you planned to or not. You'll want some sort of dedicated nVidia or ATI graphics, not integrated stuff. You might want a better screen resolution too... 1366x768 isn't all that great if you're using it all day long.
even though you are defending me from big bad mxh, i must remind you i went with the samsung i3 and not the hp a6.
anyway, I mainly use my pc for browsing online, and watching movies. I am also going to be using it to study for the gre..which i have been slacking on. It is unlikely I will be playing many games. Everyone tells me asus is great, only concerning thing is that the speakers on this asus are on the bottom. The Samsung I have now actually has crazy good sound. Is the i5 a lot better than i3?

BTW MXH, IM HAPPY WITH THE SPECS ON MY SAMSUNG..THAT IS NOT WHY IM RETURNING IT. IF YOU READ MY POST, IT'S BECAUSE i THINK IT'S A LEMON AND THE DAMN MACHINE DOESNT EVEN RESTART....AND IS SLOWER THAN IT SHOULD BE.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 1:49 am

Well, for what you're doing, you won't see a difference from the processors. (I missed the Samsung - buried deep in the thread.)

Try getting a replacement unit or find the hidden "System Restore" option (usually F11 upon turning on the machine and before windows starts loading.)
That would restore it to 100% factory new settings, so long as there's no hardware problems it should be as good as sent from the factory.

If there was a big difference in price, the Samsung will be great - you may have just had a bad-luck lemon. They happen.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 2:36 am

BlueMax wrote:
Well, for what you're doing, you won't see a difference from the processors. (I missed the Samsung - buried deep in the thread.)

Try getting a replacement unit or find the hidden "System Restore" option (usually F11 upon turning on the machine and before windows starts loading.)
That would restore it to 100% factory new settings, so long as there's no hardware problems it should be as good as sent from the factory.

If there was a big difference in price, the Samsung will be great - you may have just had a bad-luck lemon. They happen.
nah you commented on the samsung..you prob just forgot you old man lol :P

the samsung was 350. I dont mind paying the 420 for the asus though. The samsung was only sold as part of a bundle unit and isnt sold without that unit. now that tblack friday is over it is not sold period bundle units or not. I can get a dell for 399 with an I3 but i think a 430 asus i5 is a better route to go. I can pick up the asus in store as opposed to having the ups man throw my dell on my porch

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 7:01 pm

if this one is still on sale im gonna go for it next month when i return my samsung.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8 ... -With-156/