Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

My college professor is of no help to me anymore. What I want is a paragraph in black colored normal size font and the rest in a red blue red blue colored font pattern. The red paragraphs would be size 10 and the blue paragraphs would be size 5. If It's possible, I'd like to know how to get that to work in CSS.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

rickith
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2013, 1:55 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
My college professor is of no help to me anymore. What I want is a paragraph in black colored normal size font and the rest in a red blue red blue colored font pattern. The red paragraphs would be size 10 and the blue paragraphs would be size 5. If It's possible, I'd like to know how to get that to work in CSS.

Is this sort of what you're looking for or am I misinterpreting your question?

p {
color: black;
}

p.red {
background-color: red;
color: blue;
font-size: 10px;
}

p.blue {
background-color: blue;
color: red;
font-size: 5px;
}

<p>normal</p>
<p class="red">red background, size 10</p>
<p class="blue">blue background, size 5</p>

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 2:23 pm

I'm using Notepad ++

I applied what you said and here are the results. I didn't want to mess with the normal text until I got the results I wanted.

Background is blue. I don't want a background color. Both paragraphs are red. I want one red and the other blue rinse and repeat. As for the size, both came out equally tiny. I messed with that for a bit by raising the size until I reached 50px and got better results. I'll hold off on size until I get color straightened out. It was nice that you tried. There has to be a better way to get this to work on CSS or else I'll just abandon it and take a low grade because I stuck with the easy but obsolete method of just having an html file alone.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

rickith
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2013, 4:38 pm

No reason to take a low grade unless you don't care about that. Could you perhaps draw up in paint what it is you're trying to achieve and post it here? I'm having a hard time figuring that out based on your description alone.

Edit:

Maybe this is closer to what you want? http://pastebin.com/vFEehqaN