Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2007, 1:09 pm

So here's my story.... I signed up @ http://hymn-project.org/forums/ After only a few posts they banned my IP, mostly because they're gerks with no real sense of fun. I posted a poem thread in misc which they deleted, then when one of the moderators said something like "I'm not in the mood for a debate" I posted saying "oh really? well why not mr. debates are" or words to that effect. So now I'm banned, but I can't even view the threads now :-Z~ They are mean and lack depth...

So does anyone know if like my IP address can be changed without calling Comcast or using a Proxy?

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2007, 1:33 pm

Sure there are ways around a ip ban. But why ? Sounds like they are petty control feaks who know they are hurting you move on that's my advice

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 2:28 pm

Sounds like they're no fun, why don't you write your stuff here instead?

They probably banned your computer's ID. If you really, really want to view the site, go to a different computer, like at a friend's house and check it out ....

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2007, 3:47 pm

Look at their comments about me, they're mean huh?

http://www.hymn-project.org/forums/view ... b8063744d5

They think they're all high-an mighty, they even get pleasure out of me being banned for posting a rant thread, it didn't even have anything in it that was bad :-(

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Jan 2007, 4:06 pm

Usually you pay extra to have a static IP (since it could be used for bussiness use).
So you should be able to reset your modem and get a new IP address.

Try typing this into your web browser http://192.168.0.1

It might provide info on how to reset your modem. Usually you need to know the modem serial number and the password. The modem serial number is likely written
on it. And the password is the password you use for your account.

lurker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2007, 4:09 pm

and if that fails (which I VERY much doubt it will) try spoofing your MACaddress (thats ~not~ MAC as in macintosh btw) or just use a proxy. PM me if you want more detailed help lol

and if they just keep banning your new accounts, ill get /i/ to raid them lawl. i read that topic, these guys are pathetic, cant admin to save their life.