Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

There is a party happening. Bitcoins have reach $100. I thought I got in when the price was crap.
But now it gone up considerably in the last month. Every geek needs to join the party before growth
starts exponentially.

I spend my little sisters savings on bitcoins. What is great about this is that I will never receive my
comeuppance. :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1bXO1ilSU[/youtube]
Fannies' will not be eaten by bears today.

Obgeektor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

Hi there, dude, I live in a CR postcode too, incidentally. So AS isn't just a rich white kid's disease, hehe, that's kind of good to know, or interesting at least. More unity for us! (I'm kind of kidding, I knew all that, in case you take me too literally... my sense of humour is very very 'dry')

Bitcoins is an interesting alternative to what some call the Rothschild Banking System, isn't it? I also heard they were destined to crash, like anything else.
That made me think of the fall of Warsaw Pact Communism - if the Capitalists hadn't been fighting Communism and lived up to their 'let the market [i.e. the people] decide' ethic, and let those who wanted Communism have it. Then let it work on its own merits, as opposed to 'under pressure from Capitalist wars', then who knows if it would have been an improvement on what we have today? Food for thought.
So, the scenario is that once ('if'?) Bitcoin becomes a credible threat to the status quo, those who it threatens, will, like when Sky TV was threatened by ITV Digital offering pay-TV Football subscriptions and hired hackers to crack their card-encryption codes (successfully), the bankers at the top will possibly attempt to wage war on (hack) the bitcoin system.
So that it gets a fair crack of the whip at showing the current system up for what it is, I hope three things:

1) That bitcoin is a genuine, uncynical and integrity-based alternative currency.
2) It can protect itself against interference from outside.
3) It can work better than current gold-based (actually no longer gold-based as the gold has been sold-off etc) currencies.

I'm pretty cynical about the powers-that-be in this world, though, so it'll take some doing for Bitcoin to achieve all of this.
However, it doesn't seem to be any more or less 'virtual' than the current Fiat Currency systems, does it?

"No man can hold what the darkness can sow" - Agents Of Oblivion - Hangman's Daughter.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 5:26 pm

Now I wish I'd gotten into bitcoin mining back when it was new... Using spare CPU cycles for mysterious calculations and possibly earning BitCoins as a reward.

$100/BC might make the venture profitable again...

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 11:51 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Now I wish I'd gotten into bitcoin mining back when it was new... Using spare CPU cycles for mysterious calculations and possibly earning BitCoins as a reward.

$100/BC might make the venture profitable again...

You will need a BitCoin rig that can double as a heater.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 12:07 am

Obgeektor wrote:
That made me think of the fall of Warsaw Pact Communism - if the Capitalists hadn't been fighting Communism and lived up to their 'let the market [i.e. the people] decide' ethic, and let those who wanted Communism have it. Then let it work on its own merits, as opposed to 'under pressure from Capitalist wars'.

Capitalism generally do not start wars. It is state controlled capitalism( fascism ) that do that. Communism would have died by itself.

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2013, 6:41 am

bitcoins reached over $1000

Now i'm interested, though it may be too late

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 7:55 am

Why'd I have to spend all my ฿฿฿ on crack and hand grenades!? :cry:

kcizzle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2013, 5:32 am

Chinese seem to be dumping bitcoin by the bucketload. How low does everyone think it will go and when would be a good point to start picking it up again? Same with litecoin.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 6:42 am

I suspect it'll be back at $100 really soon.
Possibly lower.

Bitcoin is still too volatile in price to be a reliable currency yet.
There are also a number of other technical issues that prevent it from widespread adoption.

It presents some fresh ideas though, maybe a future evolution of the technology will be better.

Diagnosed in 2005