Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm

Has anyone gotten this message?

Delivery status Failed from [email protected] for any Hotmail users?

I don't know what that means. I tried to email this person and I got that message :(
Few weeks ago it was fine. Does this mean that they blocked me?

IF someone blocks your email address, can you tell? I thought when you block someone, and they try to email you, that their email appears in your trash.

:(

Thanks

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

With email, you cannot block users from contacting you however filters can be created to send messages from a certain address to the trash

More than likely either their email address doesn't exist or their inbox is full and cannot receive messages

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

Ok but even with Delivery Status Failed from [email protected], it should say that reason?
Something like user email inbox is full?

It did work fine several weeks ago. The email is a fan club address. I never sent stalking messages or anything sexual in nature.

So if someone blocked my email and I email them, I would have no clue that I'm being blocked?

So out of curiosity, I tried the same fan club email from my work address, and I didn't get a delivery status failed message back. Maybe they blocked me? Or they blocked hotmail users??

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2013, 6:50 pm

We need the full text of the failure message so that we can figure out what is happening. In the message should be the reason for the rejection.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 6:54 pm

postmaster​@mail.hotma​il.com ([email protected])
Add to contacts
Attachment
7:53 PM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: [email protected]
Picture of [email protected]
Outlook Active View
1 attachment (5.2 KB)
This file cannot be opened. Click "Download as zip" to download it
Planetpit.eml
Blocked
Download as zip

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

(email to the fan club is removed for privacy)

Last edited by luvsterriers on 28 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

Not sure if this helps. I right clicked on the email message from postmaster and went to view message source.

Final-Recipient: rfc822;(Email address of fan club removed for privacy)
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 No Such User Here

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:11 pm

*ahem*

550 No Such User Here

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm

Correct, the email address of the fan club doesn't exist

Since you say it worked weeks ago and it doesn't now, they must have deactivated their account.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:19 pm

But I tried to email the same fan club using my work email and that email went through.
Maybe something is up with hotmail users?
:cry: :?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:21 pm

Interesting.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... b12427d328

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

Hotmail kinda sucks anyway, they want those people to move to outlook.com for Microsoft email now, at least that's what's in microsofts future.

Just continue to use your work email for correspondence with the fan club.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

My therapist told me that no way a fan club would block a fan's email address. It would make no sense. Maybe hotmail users have issues just like that link I posted?

So if I asked another person who has hotmail to email that fan club, they would get same error message?
But I emailed this fan club few times with using my hotmail account at no problem. When I go to hotmail it says outlook and it's completely different

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Has anyone gotten this message?

Delivery status Failed from [email protected] for any Hotmail users?

I don't know what that means. I tried to email this person and I got that message :(
Few weeks ago it was fine. Does this mean that they blocked me?

IF someone blocks your email address, can you tell? I thought when you block someone, and they try to email you, that their email appears in your trash.

:(

Thanks

If someone was actually blocking you, it would be more likely that the mail was being filtered out and deleted automatically with no notice to you at all. You certainly wouldn't get the no such user message mentioned in other posts here.

There are really three possibilities to receive that particular message:

1) the address has been deleted and no longer exists
2) you made an error in the address that resulted in an address that no longer exists
3) there is a major error at Hotmail.

TomGunsmoke
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2013, 12:30 am

It is possible to blacklist domains, specific e-mail and bounce them (my main address is set up this way... white list only). Noticed there was an attachment, possible they bounce attachments.

You can check to see if the e-mail address still exists pretty easily. Google "e-mail verifier" and you'll find a number of ways to ping/verify if the address still exists (though it is not a perfect process).

Aside from that, having worked for Microshaft and knowing the quality (or lack of) of their work, pretty good odds (without having additional info) hotmail is a problem.

EQ score: 10

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 6:46 am

I did read this...

We've been having the exact same issue for the past several days. No one at hotmail can send mail to our domain (covinaca.gov). We are seeing the same " 550 No Such User Here" errors. Our DNS is hosted by GoDaddy, but not our email servers. Like you said, GoDaddy is so huge that it could just as easily be a coincidence.

I have no idea :?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 8:11 am

It's confusing though when it says no such user here when clearly that email does exist because that email is where you contact for any order related issues through the fan club. Also it did work fine in the past. It did work fine for me at my work email. So there is no way to know when someone blocks your email?