Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 2:52 pm

Most of the time when I use google it is very slow to the point I get impatient. This happens on IE or Firefox.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 5:10 pm

Robdemanc wrote:
Most of the time when I use google it is very slow to the point I get impatient. This happens on IE or Firefox.

I get good response time on Safari and Google chrome

ruveyn

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 5:16 pm

Turn off your Java VM and Javascript and see what happens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 5:55 pm

when I asked my puter person why everything google was so slow and buggy on my puter [at the time a 900MHz Celeron with <2G RAM], he told me it was because I didn't have a powerful-enough or new enough puter. said I needed at least a multicore Pentium and at least 4G of [fast] RAM, and that anything less would just be an overtaxed hot-running paperweight. well, I now have a puter of the recommended specs and google is still slow but not quite as slow as with the Celeron.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 7:31 pm

Google seems to be rather efficient to me. Their search pages don't have a whole lot of useless images to slow everything down.

One thing that can make any web site seem really slow is if your primary DNS isn't responding. Every time you try to access a web site, it has to wait for a timeout when it contacts the primary DNS and then contact the secondary DNS. When anyone around here complains about things being really slow, the DNS servers are the first things I check.

LookTwice
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2013, 9:29 pm

It's a problem on your end (network). How long does a ping to google take?
Are other sites slow?

slushy9
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2013, 10:06 pm

use chrome
check for viruses
internet problem?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm

by my own experience, the web [especially resource-intensive google apps] is not going to go fast or smooth if one lacks high-speed [over 1mb/s] internet access. I live out in the sticks and such [anything over dsl-lite] is not available/affordable.

techtalknow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2013, 10:22 am

I have a Macbook Pro and a Google Nexus 7 that I use to access Google and Google Utilities all the time, and it's never slow to me. Try going to http://encrypted.google.com and sending a search from there. Dont know if there's anything else I can say...Buy a new tablet or computer. http://google.com/nexus/7

techtalknow

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

It seems to depend a lot on the time of day. During daytime it is always slow. Evening a little better.