Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
8 years old still running Windows Vista Model GT5428

Running that no more.

My brother found several 2010 Win 7, 3 GB HP Slimline's in the street and decided to refurbish them. I requested one. While I was nervous about taking a computer off the street I was more nervous about about my old computer just deciding not to work one day. Ironically that is exactly what happened to my 10 year old monitor right after I found out about this, I got a brand new monitor to compliment my refurbished machine. Since there were several of these in the street I think they were from a company that went out of business or decided to upgrade rather then from somebody that got frustrated with a buggy machine. Can't get a better bargain then a free computer with full Office 2010 professional installed.. :wink: . And the old one is still around as a backup

So far the only fluky thing has been the machine did not like my flash drive. It froze, then did not accept it a few times before it got used to it. First thing I did was delete most of the HP bloatware.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 07 Sep 2014, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 10:53 pm

IPad Air. Over a year old now, but still a delight.

CeBang
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2014, 1:52 pm

2010 Acer KAV60 Netbook

O/S: Linux - CrunchBang 11 /w XFCE4 (Windows 7 Starter from Factory)
CPU: Intel Atom N270
RAM: 2GB (1GB from Factory)
HDD: 160GB

Runs flawlessly with Linux, mainly used for word processing at university.

Ornithicas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm

Mine is at least five years old, and until some time last year I still used Windows XP. I probably should buy some new parts soon, when I can summon the willpower and school eases off.

As it stands now, I use Windows 7 (64-bit). I can barely remember the PC model, or many of the specifics of the hardware.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:24 pm

This one is a Windows 7 comp, I bought it 4 years ago. On my desk, there is a Win Vista machine, next to a Win 98 computer (which I intend to have because I installed my MathCad into that one.)