Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm

I hate Safari! I freaking hate it! Why do I use it? It's the only way I can use iHeartRadio anymore. Firefox and IE have both been hijacked so I can't use those anymore, and Google Chrome won't let me click anything on that website, so I have to use the piece of s*** called Safari, and it eats up my physical memory with a process called WebKit2WebProcess.exe, and I don't even know what that is.

Does anyone know where I can find a better browser that won't eat up my RAM, bug out, or get hijacked?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Mar 2014, 9:58 pm

Try Opera. It's a decent browser.

Download: clicky

Oh, and WebKit2WebProcess.exe is an unnecessary function, so it would be okay to end that process in your task manager. I'm not sure how to completely remove it from your computer though. :shrug:

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm

Not sure what you mean by hijacked unless you are being redirected to sites other then where you wish to be. Have you tried Avast antivirus package along with the firewall? Since I have used that my problems such as redirection have disappeared. Also if you like Firefox but have a 64 bit machine and 64 bit windows give waterfox a try.

WaterFox

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2014, 10:27 pm

Okay, I'm currently using Opera. my CPU and RAM usage are much higher than before, but as long as I'm just listening to iHeart Radio, it's not a problem. It's when I'm writing that it's an issue. I might try Waterfox to see if it doesn't take up my CPU and RAM as much.