Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MacFan07
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2004, 11:06 pm

I saw the WWDC(worldwide developers conference) keynote through QuickTime. When Steve Jobs previewed Tiger it was neat. I can not wait until the first half of next year to get it!

Austin :)

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

16 Jul 2004, 8:45 am

Yeah! Looked awesome! Automator and Spotlight are going to change everything!

NanoTy
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2004, 7:46 pm

I am pretty excited about Tiger too, and I just got a Powerbook for college. I have always been a Windows user, but decided that getting a Mac would be a good idea since they are much more stable and do not suffer from constant virus threats.

MacFan07
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2004, 9:48 pm

To me Automator is mostly my main thing. Do not get me wrong Dashboard, Safari RSS, iChat AV Revised, Spotlight, .Mac Sync, and VoiceOver are going to be neat to.

Austin

Bruno
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jul 2004, 8:46 am

I can't wait to see more apps that use those Core Image/Video effects., and now that I got new PB it should run smooth.
The way windows flip in Dashboard is very impressive, and maybe all apps will have that in 10.5...

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2004, 5:34 am

I hope they speed the interface up. I'm a mixed platform user but really, the current state of OS X drives me crazy -- even compared to such a veritable hog like Windows XP. I flip back between OS 9 and X on the same Mac and the difference is sooo noticeable. Now, I know, that's kind of like "apples to oranges" and they've already optimized some speed since 10.2 Jaguar, but they still have a long way to go in my book. There should at *least* be options to turn off more eye candy like XP gives you a choice to. Zoom effects get redundant after awhile and you know what you wanna do with that window and where's it gotta go! Haha ;)

Bruno
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2004, 8:48 am

Torley_Wong wrote:
I hope they speed the interface up. I'm a mixed platform user but really, the current state of OS X drives me crazy -- even compared to such a veritable hog like Windows XP. I flip back between OS 9 and X on the same Mac and the difference is sooo noticeable. Now, I know, that's kind of like "apples to oranges" and they've already optimized some speed since 10.2 Jaguar, but they still have a long way to go in my book. There should at *least* be options to turn off more eye candy like XP gives you a choice to. Zoom effects get redundant after awhile and you know what you wanna do with that window and where's it gotta go! Haha ;)

Well what kind of mac do you have? Because on my new powerbook everything is zippy and snappy like it was on OS9 when I got my old mac. Transparent windows, video, expose, all that flies.
These new macs with fast graphics cards and quartz extreme have improved a lot.