Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

This thread is about sites that have banned us in the past.

In the past I have been banned from four sites.
Newgrounds: I got banned when I was a teen and did some stuff I now regret. I was hormonally charged.
conservativesforum.com: Banned for telling the truth and smashing them on the head with reality.
vnnforum.com: Banned for telling the truth and calling them out on their BS ... again.
love-shy.com: Banned for "trolling" with logic a third time.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 6:01 pm

I actually never got banned from any websites.
But I once got banned from Diablo 2 bot channel because I deliberately spammed Bone Wall, blocking other people's path. :twisted:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm

I'm too 1337. I don't recall any permabans.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 6:13 pm

...Comic Buyers' Guide's now-gone CBGXtra .
A site at Delphi Forums called True Beatles Fans Only that I think sort of pulled the plug on itself at least partially to get rid of me :mrgreen: ! !! !! !! !! !! I was not " out " about being homeless & sick & Aspie at either :( .

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm

Ya know there's actually a "proper" way to say most things, so you won't get banned for saying them.
I mostly just say what comes to mind and get punished ofc, but I learned in school that you can get away with a lot if you use the "right" words.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 7:44 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Comic Buyers' Guide's now-gone CBGXtra .
A site at Delphi Forums called True Beatles Fans Only that I think sort of pulled the plug on itself at least partially to get rid of me :mrgreen: ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I was not " out " about being homeless & sick & Aspie at either :( .

Delphi Forums does have an aspie site. Called "the Aspie hangout". You coulda joined that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 7:47 pm

cberg wrote:
I'm too 1337. I don't recall any permabans.

"Too 1337"???????????????

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 4:43 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Delphi Forums does have an aspie site. Called "the Aspie hangout". You coulda joined that.

Lol, I just checked out Delphi Forums. The site you mention appears to have just ONE thread, with three posts, and is entitled 'Why Is This Forum Dead?'. :lol:

There are two other much busier forums on this site, namely AS Partners and Asperger Divorce Support Group, both of which are populated almost entirely by disillusioned or embittered women complaining about their AS (or allegedly AS) partners or ex-partners (whom they refer to as 'Ashes'). It's pretty depressing reading.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

yes. just one. it was about 12 years ago.

gamefaqs: banned for stating i was homosexual.

homophobes were much more rampant back then.
the exact thing i did was set my signature to:

"if you are homosexual, and 100% proud of it, put this as your signature."

some homophobic moderator didn't like that, so he warned me with the message:
" 'homosexual' is not allowed in the signature"

my response to that was:
"but 'heterosexual' is?"
(this response has to do with what i got the idea for my signature at the time. there were people with the signature like mine but with "heterosexual" instead)

never got a reply back from that and got permanently banned.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 3:40 am

DeepHour wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Lol, I just checked out Delphi Forums. The site you mention appears to have just ONE thread, with three posts, and is entitled 'Why Is This Forum Dead?'. :lol:

There are two other much busier forums on this site, namely AS Partners and Asperger Divorce Support Group, both of which are populated almost entirely by disillusioned or embittered women complaining about their AS (or allegedly AS) partners or ex-partners (whom they refer to as 'Ashes'). It's pretty depressing reading.

Yeah. Back when I was active on it it was pretty lively. Small compared to this site. But it had a few hundred members.Many of whom were quite vocal most of the time. Then I learned of this site, and that site had technical problems. Forgot about that site. Finnally returned after a long hiatus to that site a couple times this year after not visiting "the Aspie Hangout" for several years. Yeah. Its become a sad ghost town. Sic transit Gloria.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 8:50 pm

Depressionforums because I criticized their propharma and trust-your-doctor-blindly stance on their forum. They have pharmaceutical companies as advertisers so they automatically ban anyone who criticizes them.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm

I've only ever been banned from one site; breitbart. They'd been running a string of really vile stories that flat out called transgender people sexual predators, mentally ill, etc.. I made the "mistake" of posting quotes from the medical associations, neurologists & my daughters' endocrinologist (a researcher in the field) to try to educate people of the concepts of sex-dimorphic development in animals & what is known about human fetal brain & endocrine development.
Now that I am aware of the site's reputation, I realize being banned is a sort of badge of honor in certain crowds.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:34 pm

i've been banned from psychforums, crazyboards, a couple other mental health forums, 4chan, some irc channels, proxywhore.com, badharvest.net, gmail, probably a bunch more places that i'm forgetting.

i have trouble holding myself back sometimes.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 3:45 am

Noca wrote:
Depressionforums because I criticized their propharma and trust-your-doctor-blindly stance on their forum. They have pharmaceutical companies as advertisers so they automatically ban anyone who criticizes them.

well that's fcked up! can't say I'm surprised though...
at least you were banned with honor!

to answer the op's question, I've never been banned from an Internet space however I have been banned from a local dollar tree. that, and all Simon owned malls and movie theaters from 2009 to 2012. those the only places I've been legitimately banned from.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

24 Oct 2015, 6:26 am

I got banned from a gaming server many years ago. It was an English speaking server, but it was flooded with French people insisting on speaking French, so I started making fun of them, calling them stereotypical french names and stuff.

Nothing profane, but it became a spam-war. Admins banned me for "racism". I thought that was a funny kind of logic.

Except from that I haven't been banned from anywhere.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 7:00 am

I'm guilty. I was banned from Aspie Central after being harassed by a moderator for my NTness. After banning me he had several complaints from what I hear from people I'm still in contact with and he is no longer on the site. Just great for me and others who he also got away with banning from the site - now I can never go back and I greatly miss it. I'm still hurt by what happened and will probably never get over it. The moderator who banned me I actually considered a friend and even emailed him outside the site. I still can't believe it happened. I have pictures and emails from people I cared about that are linked to my user name and I'll never get to see them again. He abused his moderator position and was even known for banning members too much. The other moderators were too scared to stand up to him. Any moderator who wants to ban someone should seriously first think about how devastating it is to the person being banned before making a final decision. I didn't even get a month's ban as a warning which would have been more fair than a permanent ban. I don't think anyone should be permanently banned from any site - after all, people and situations can change just like in my situation.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.