Page 7 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 8:55 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
This is not a video, I know, I know. But it was too good not to post.

Love it love it love it.

Funny, but patently false. Long before anything looking like science was devised, humans, like all living beings, had no shortage of hadrons in their bodies. Even almost all the mass of their brains ignorant of the concept of a hadron was made of hadrons!

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 9:26 pm

^ Touche :-) but I still like the sign

This is also not a video but I'm still laughing; here is a fine longitudinal cohort study, in the best epidemiological tradition, of the rate of loss of teaspoons from tea lounges in a representative Australian medical institute. Enjoy the Kaplan-Meier plots. An anecdotally small sample of additional genuine epidemiologists (n=1) and biologists (n=1), when presented with the same study via email, reported bursts of laughter.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1322240/

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!