Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2018, 1:35 am

I'm 18 years old and I suck at math I cant even do basic multiplication and it's not because I'm not trying but I have never been able to fully grasp math I was wondering if this is something anyone thinks it's a undiagnosed condition like dyscalcia feel free to pm me if you have additional questions.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 2:33 am

Romansky123 wrote:
I'm 18 years old and I suck at math I cant even do basic multiplication and it's not because I'm not trying but I have never been able to fully grasp math I was wondering if this is something anyone thinks it's a undiagnosed condition like dyscalcia feel free to pm me if you have additional questions.

You can't do basic multiplication quickly in your head or not at all?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 2:43 am

I always struggled with it as well, it was an ADHD thing with me, though.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2018, 8:09 pm

Romansky123 wrote:

If still in secondary, is there a staff member at the school that might help you get assessed??
There are formal assessments that will tell you for sure if you have the dx or not.
:D

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2018, 5:49 am

I actually have dyscalculia. it is annoying and aggravating. Every time I have to calculate something and I have to use my head, it feels like my brain gets stuck in a loop. A simple sum can take me ages.

Even with a calculator, it's still a pain in the ass.

Thankfully, after most of your education is done with, you probably hardly ever have to do hard calculations. It does make handling money somewhat extra... problematic.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 8:56 pm

Tanker wrote:
I actually have dyscalculia. it is annoying and aggravating. Every time I have to calculate something and I have to use my head, it feels like my brain gets stuck in a loop. A simple sum can take me ages.

Even with a calculator, it's still a pain in the ass.

Thankfully, after most of your education is done with, you probably hardly ever have to do hard calculations. It does make handling money somewhat extra... problematic.

are there Dyscalculia apps to help with handling money?

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2018, 8:33 am

I suffer from hard dyscalicia and I would suggest you to do a proper investigation. It´s often due to a bad memory in general. Headphones helps a little too.