Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 7:48 am

For example if you hate looking at an ex girlfriends facebook page.......is there no option too perminintley delete her facebook profile from your I pad or mobile?

Is this type of technology not around yet???????

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 9:37 am

Yes, it's called "blocking". Go to her profile page, click the three dots and select "block" from the bottom of the pull down menu. You won't be able to see any of her posts or comments and her profile will become invisible and unsearchable for you.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 10:10 am

arielhawksquill wrote:
Yes, it's called "blocking". Go to her profile page, click the three dots and select "block" from the bottom of the pull down menu. You won't be able to see any of her posts or comments and her profile will become invisible and unsearchable for you.

True but you can easily unblock there profile as well

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 8:17 am

I don't think anyone could claim to have created a perma-block for a person. Maybe some insane AI program that tracks you as user profile, your geo data, and scrobbles the net to hide any content vaguely relating to them.

Even China has to employ people to censor the internet, and don't just rely on algorithms. And relating to this, isn't this kind of thing abused in any narrative of a futuristic fascist state?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 2:27 pm

I've been able to successfully avoid people on Facebook just by unfriending them, though I recently had to "unfollow" one user (a semi-professional folk band) who I'd never knowingly "followed." Before that they were clogging up my newsfeed with every little thing they were doing. Facebook does seem to play cupid sometimes, it recently "friended" me with an ex-partner I want nothing to do with, and I had to step in and switch it back myself.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 9:30 pm

Yeah, if you have 0 will power and you can't stop yourself from unblocking her as you said in your earlier post, delete your own FB account and do yourself a favor. unregistered users are locked out of view of FB accounts + FB is useless anyway, so that's a win win.