Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 4:38 pm

I work at KFC restaurant in Poland? 

My duties include helping cooks in washing dishes, marinating chickens in the famous marinade of a colonel consisting of 11 herbs and spices: D 
And cleaning the flat surface (that is, after cleaning the floor with a mop) and cleaning the kitchen equipment before closing the restaurant. 

Often, to wash the marinator faster (the device in which we marinate the chicken), such a special drum that resembles a concrete mixer and a dishwasher using a sprinkler, which we use for hand washing. 

Our Polish Health and Safety regulations recommend that mechanical equipment should be washed by hand, but we use a rain shower, 

Recently, the manager said to be careful with this washer, because most of the devices in our kitchen uses three-phase electricity (standard power supply in Poland is 220 V and 50 Hz) that he would not want to be in our skin if this current would f**k us :D (pardon expletive but it how google translate, translated it )

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 723AAwHEG2

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 7:23 pm

Three phase power is more cost effective for mechanical rotary devices. With single phase power you typically need to resort to some sort of kludge to get rotation, such as using a capacitor to create a phase shift. Or worse, interrupting the circuit mechanically. Like my leaf blower that just wore out. With three phase power you can use phases against each other to create rotation.

The transmission losses are less if you can share the load over more wires.