Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 5:49 pm

To everyone who is reading this with an ant problem, I recommend getting some liquid traps. You cut the cop off and set it down where there are the most ants and they will die off. You will see an army of ants, this is normal, let them be and they will die off. But do not put the traps near any food.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 6:06 pm

Also, keep your sink bone dry. Naturally, they drink water and they're attracted to anything with moisture. They like to go in drains for water and any residual grease. If you see them around your sink use vinegar and baking soda in the drain, wash the plugs fully, plug the drain shut, and dry your sink.

Water bowls for pets should be in a different room than your kitchen.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 10:24 pm

I had an ant infestation in my flat soon after I moved in there in 1994. There were at least a hundred of them crawling over the kitchen worktop, and I just squashed them as a panic reflex action. Felt bad about that afterwards, and wished I'd funnelled them into a biscuit tin or something and released them onto some waste ground a couple of hundred yards away.

Anyway, the next day I bought an ant-repellant aerosol spray, and applied it to the area outside the kitchen window where they were clearly entering the flat, and from that point on had no further problem.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:01 pm

Discussion on 'Ants' can continue in new thread, 'Ants in Living Space!'
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=386558