Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 3:59 am

auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ooooohhhh, all those kool knobs to twiddle, slick sliders to slide, jazzy joysticks to swivel, boppin' buttons to push and super switches to fluup. :mrgreen:

Yes but Apple wants to replace all of your buttons, sliders and knobs with a 10 inch touchscreen. Screw you Apple! :ninja:

I've been boycotting apple since 1992. hmph. :|

In spite of our boycott, they've turned into a trillion dollar company with massive influence. Looks like someone else was buying their forth-rate crap.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 4:07 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ooooohhhh, all those kool knobs to twiddle, slick sliders to slide, jazzy joysticks to swivel, boppin' buttons to push and super switches to fluup. :mrgreen:

Yes but Apple wants to replace all of your buttons, sliders and knobs with a 10 inch touchscreen. Screw you Apple! :ninja:

I've been boycotting apple since 1992. hmph. :|

In spite of our boycott, they've turned into a trillion dollar company with massive influence. Looks like someone else was buying their forth-rate crap.

I am reminded of a comment by the late great smokey yunick [master mechanic of note] who said, "some people would buy a lump of manure, so long as it had 2 chrome strips on it."

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 4:21 am

I've no experience of Apple products, but I've seen their laptops for sale secondhand at CEX for £1000-£1500 and more. These things don't appear to do much more than my Thinkpad, which was £90. What's the attraction?

Here's an ad from Amazon. Probably a misprint. Or is it?

Edit: sorry, for those who don't have magnification on their device, it's an 'Audio Quest Diamond' HDMI cable for £1789.00. It is 3 metres though, and you do get free delivery.... :D

Last edited by DeepHour on 11 Aug 2018, 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 4:23 am

DeepHour wrote:
I've no experience of Apple products, but I've seen their laptops for sale secondhand at CEX for £1000-£1500 and more. These things don't appear to do much more than my Thinkpad, which was £90. What's the attraction?

Here's an ad from Amazon. Probably a misprint. Or is it?

I visited a high end audio video store [for people with more moolah than brains] where some high-end speaker cable sold for over $1000 per foot.