Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 4:20 pm

Okay. So. I'm a comic artist who's trying to get his first submissions off the ground. Back at my old school we had these gorgeous Epson 10000XL scanners that did the job just perfect. Thing is they cost $2000 out in the real world. So now that I'm on my own I need to find a more affordable way to do it.

Anybody know of a large format scanner that's Mac compatible and can fit 11 x 17 inch comic pages and I can get for under $500?

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 4:35 pm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... posters-20
reviews seem positive

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm

There are also companies which do professional scan-jobs - those companies are normally very well-equipped and capable of handling complex and large pitures.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 11:32 pm

Dussel wrote:
There are also companies which do professional scan-jobs - those companies are normally very well-equipped and capable of handling complex and large pitures.

i dunno if 11 x 17 inches would be that insane a scan-job for these companies. i'd think a home version would be commercially available.

nevernormal.net

kip
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 1:54 am

jamesohgoodie wrote:
Dussel wrote:

i dunno if 11 x 17 inches would be that insane a scan-job for these companies. i'd think a home version would be commercially available.

He means Kinko's mate.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 2:09 am

kip wrote:
jamesohgoodie wrote:
Dussel wrote:

He means Kinko's mate.

H'dur. My bad. Sorry.

nevernormal.net

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 12:15 am

You used to be able to pick up a fairly large no-name scanner that would do at least 8.5x14".

all I've heard is about how editors actually want them smaller, so they can fit more on fewer pages...but I ain't in the business, and these are usually complaints by the authors...

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 1:27 am

pakled wrote:
You used to be able to pick up a fairly large no-name scanner that would do at least 8.5x14".

all I've heard is about how editors actually want them smaller, so they can fit more on fewer pages...but I ain't in the business, and these are usually complaints by the authors...

Dependences on the type of magazine: I know of a case where a photo magazine needed scans of A2-format (420 × 594) with a very high resolution (anything above 1200 dpi) to "have enough details to work with". But I think those are the exceptions.

swornes19
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2018, 5:00 am

Hello,

I am recently shifted here from Corona for my business purpose and I am looking for large format scanning, So could anyone please suggest me some better places for large format scanning?????
Thank you in advance.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2018, 7:34 am

Not a scanner, but a camera & tripod set-up may do the trick.