Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 5:03 pm

Me and my stepdad, both literature BAs who work in literary jobs, put Alexa on 'literature quiz'. Hardly any of her answers were right. The funniest was 'what is little women about?' she said it's about transvestites...
Is this a joke? Does she tend to get things wrong like this?
I'm starting to treat her as being about as reliable as Wikipedia used to be back in the day before it was heavily edited by the right people.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2018, 6:55 pm

How is this a surprise?

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 4:14 am

She's meant to be a smart computer?
She's acting like a kid. Sometimes she acts like a 12 year old, like this quiz or turning up music when we want it at normal volume and didn't say to turn it up. Sometimes she's cute and acts like a small child for eg you can get her to meow like a cat and bark like a dog. At least that's sweet.
I wouldn't rely on her for anything or seek to get knowledge out of her. Even though she's AI... I thought AI was meant to be about intelligence.
We only just got her and, like I said, we're humanities type of people so we don't know that much about tech.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 4:24 am

TUF wrote:
The funniest was 'what is little women about?' she said it's about transvestites...

She clearly had it confused with Little Men.

Ask her what she thinks about the whiteness of the whale. :D

There Are Four Lights!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 2:47 pm

Well...

There IS a certain logic there.

If you think of womanliness as being like...water...and you have like a...small quantity of it in the vessel then … you have only..."little women li ness" in supply. And transvestites are not quite full fledged women. So a novel entitled "little women" could be about transvestites ( ie about individuals with a limited supply of womanliness). Makes perfect sense if you're Mork from Planet Ork.

Just like if you add three plus five you COULD get the answer "35". It does have a certain logic. :lol:

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm

Alexa was created by man.......man is not perfect