Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 12:15 am

Did anyone buy iPhone 11?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 12:10 pm

iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB model would cost me on a 2yr contract at a Bell Canada an extra $2360.16 CAD on top of the plan I already pay for vs the ~$1050 CAD I paid for my One Plus 7 Pro 256GB, 8GB ram model phone which nearly has as good a camera and is just a superior phone in so many ways including a higher refresh rate display of 90hz, all screen display with NO notch, faster UFS 3.0 storage, and USB C 3.1. iPhones are just such an overpriced rip off for an inferior product.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 1:04 pm

The camera abilities on the pro are RIDICULOUS for a phone. Like holy cow I cant believe it! As someone who looooves photography, its supppper handy. I cant drag my DSLR everywhere with me and the new wide angle and telephoto lenses are incredible. I still dont enjoy the feeling of having no home button and they triple camera system is clunky and ugly, but there are some great features. I love the portrait mode and video improvements and the night mode actually is as good as advertised- I was pleasantly surprised. Plus Im in love with ios 13! The audio pairing is super neat :mrgreen:

One drawback- storage. The 11 pro starting price is hefty and only gived you 64gb. Sorta small for a phone mainly advertised for its incredible camera. But the next storage size jumps all the way to 256gb. I have 200gb cloud and minimal apps (plus most of my photos are on my computer, external hard drive, and google cloud), so Im a solid 128gb kinda person. Big enough to not worry about video and photos running out of storage on long show days, but not so much that Im wasting storage. I did not enjoy having to spend so much money knowing I wont probably need all 256gb.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 10:26 am

graceksjp wrote:
The camera abilities on the pro are RIDICULOUS for a phone. Like holy cow I cant believe it! As someone who looooves photography, its supppper handy. I cant drag my DSLR everywhere with me and the new wide angle and telephoto lenses are incredible. I still dont enjoy the feeling of having no home button and they triple camera system is clunky and ugly, but there are some great features. I love the portrait mode and video improvements and the night mode actually is as good as advertised- I was pleasantly surprised. Plus Im in love with ios 13! The audio pairing is super neat :mrgreen:

One drawback- storage. The 11 pro starting price is hefty and only gived you 64gb. Sorta small for a phone mainly advertised for its incredible camera. But the next storage size jumps all the way to 256gb. I have 200gb cloud and minimal apps (plus most of my photos are on my computer, external hard drive, and google cloud), so Im a solid 128gb kinda person. Big enough to not worry about video and photos running out of storage on long show days, but not so much that Im wasting storage. I did not enjoy having to spend so much money knowing I wont probably need all 256gb.
When you want to transfer those high res 4k photos and video from your iPhone 11 to your computer, have fun transferring files at a punishingly slow USB 2.0 speeds. Don't worry I am sure in about 4 years Apple will add that feature that so many other Android phones have had for years, which is the case for Apple nearly all the time, lag far behind Android in features. Android phones have had multiple cameras since 2016. No expandable memory and sh***y storage options on Apple are designed to make you pay for increased iCloud storage.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm

I wish. However, I have a few debt collectors to pay off, and after April 15, 2020 I’m going to have a MASSIVE income tax bill, since USDOE now considers me totally and permanently disabled. My student loans ran me $37k.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 10:03 am

Noca wrote:
When you want to transfer those high res 4k photos and video from your iPhone 11 to your computer, have fun transferring files at a punishingly slow USB 2.0 speeds. Don't worry I am sure in about 4 years Apple will add that feature that so many other Android phones have had for years, which is the case for Apple nearly all the time, lag far behind Android in features. Android phones have had multiple cameras since 2016. No expandable memory and sh***y storage options on Apple are designed to make you pay for increased iCloud storage.

So far I havent had a problem. Airdropping photos in small numbers or adding large groups of them to cloud sharing seems to work pretty well and transfers them fairly fast.
But it doesnt really matter much. One of my computers is set up so that all photos on my phone automatically appear on my computer when Im on wifi so I dont have to worry about transferring them.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 10:37 pm

I’m not interest in buying iPhone 11, it is over $1,000, I have iPhone 6, maybe I should buy iPhone 9.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

I have a OnePlus 3 or 4 years older than Noca's & the 5T works great.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 12:55 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m not interest in buying iPhone 11, it is over $1,000, I have iPhone 6, maybe I should buy iPhone 9.

OnePlus 7T costs $599 USD and the OnePlus 7 Pro costs $669. A way better value phone that is superior to the iPhone 11 in many ways.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 12:24 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

If you trade in your 6 for the regular iPhone 11 its only $399 so its pretty cheap

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 11:15 pm

That's what I bought my phone outright for & it has more than twice the memory.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 1:31 pm

cberg wrote:
That's what I bought my phone outright for & it has more than twice the memory.

Eh good point.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a phone. Im an Apple person so I kinda have to get an iPhone and upgrading was worth it to me bc Im a photographer and having the nicer camera capabilities on hand at all times is really nice. Plus all the other additional benefits.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 10:42 pm

It's really lame that the synchronization/backup apps from one OS still rarely work on the next. That said, I'm sure there are lots of Mac users on Android; I think OnePlus just came up because they're similarly polished devices.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 5:25 am

Why do android users always try to convert iPhone people is it like Mormons? Is it your android religious duty?

I won’t as I have the 10s Max. Probably going to wait until 2021 to upgrade again. Ps5 comes out next year .

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 5:28 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

There’s no iPhone 9. There 7,8,10,10s, 11. And 10 and 10s aren’t for sell from Apple anymore. You might find cheap 10s for sell Black Friday as stores try to clear their stocks.

Edit forgot the 10R

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 6:56 am

How about iPhone X?