Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:03 am

I keep getting this strange thing happening to me on YouTube and I seem to be the only one it happens to.

Sometimes when I find an audiobook on YouTube, I play it but can't hear any sound except from a few squeaks (this happens on some long videos). At first I thought it was something to do with a copyright s**t or something, but when I typed in the comments that I couldn't hear any sound, I just got stupid replies like "u r deaf" and "turn your volume up" (even though the volume on my phone is turned up).
I thought maybe the sound quality might be too advanced for my phone but today I found out that can't be the case, because I listened to half an audiobook yesterday then when I went to listen to the rest today on the same video it wouldn't give any sound other than squeaking here and there. So I take it it's not anything wrong with my phone sound quality or how the YouTuber uploaded the video. It seems more like a glitch or something.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Is there a way I can stop this happening? I've tried clearing the cache and everything on my YouTube app but it doesn't make any difference.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:49 am

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

I am technologically-challenged----but I have found that rebooting tends to solve lots of problems.