Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 9:12 am

Kyocera is building an electric vehicle. Where have I heard that name before.? They make solar panels. I have a few that they manufactured and they seem to work well. They are a Japanese company. Well I guess they have entered into the electric vehicle arena (unless it is another company by the same name?)

This is what the prototype car Moeye looks like.

The Moeye is equipped with a door-to-door LCD touchscreen with haptic feedback that does triple duty as an instrument cluster, infotainment system and live video feed of the road ahead to offer an unobstructed view.

Dashboard instrument cluster:

Then it changes into a live feed of the road ahead:

The car also has an animated character named “Mobisuke” that appears to hover above the screen to give directions and interact with the driver.

Source: Kyocera has built a 'transparent' car

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 9:18 am

Love the outside. Looks like a cross between a vintage Aston Martin DB4 and an old Citroen DS. Hate the inside. I never want a car that has an I pad style dashboard. Never ever want that. Give me proper dials and switches every time. I do not mind a computer but seperate and hidden from the normal everyday controls. Audi got it right with the old Audi 90. Computer was nice and simple and discreet. That car is just too PC on the inside for me to want to go near it, and where is the steering wheel? Is that touch screen as well? Horrible! Just horrible! Put a traditional steering wheel, and traditional dials, switches and dash lights and count me in! (Well. If I was rich! :P ).