Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2021, 1:35 am

Am curious how many people have a special interest in physics or space. Am not sure but it looks like some of you may actually be getting to have an Olympic event with these skills. Reason I say this is I saw something on the news a while back about social security being expected to go broke in 2031. I was a bit puzzled about the predictions of this for a while, but now question if it is no coincidence that I just read a couple of articles that say NASA has just confirmed that a 62-mile meteor is headed out way.

Think of it this way, watch the movie Judgement Day with Suzy Amis and Ice T sort of being a work of fiction that was a few years ahead of it's time with a plot twist, instead of having 3 days to find a weapon to blow up an asteroid after finding the scientist that already designed one, we got 10 years to figure out a design plan and attempt to build one.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm

you're living up to your Wrong Planet screen name. Lol!

Confused about facts, confused about which topic you want to talk about, and confused about how to talk.

There is indeed a 62 mile wide object in the news. Its the Bernardideli-Bernstein comet. Its falling in from the far reaches of the solar system. But its no threat to Earth.

And even if it were and even if we had to have a real life version of that movie I dont know what that has to do with "Social Security running out".

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2021, 7:29 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
you're living up to your Wrong Planet screen name. Lol!

Confused about facts, confused about which topic you want to talk about, and confused about how to talk.

There is indeed a 62 mile wide object in the news. Its the Bernardideli-Bernstein comet. Its falling in from the far reaches of the solar system. But its no threat to Earth.

And even if it were and even if we had to have a real life version of that movie I dont know what that has to do with "Social Security running out".

Thanks for atleast clarifying. I read mostly medicine articles, I just caught a glimpse of the article, is why I asked about someone having a more indepth interest.

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 2:50 am

It wont even get close enough for us to see it with the naked eye. Much less hit us.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 6:27 am

Cunfuzed wrote:
Am curious how many people have a special interest in physics or space. Am not sure but it looks like some of you may actually be getting to have an Olympic event with these skills. Reason I say this is I saw something on the news a while back about social security being expected to go broke in 2031. I was a bit puzzled about the predictions of this for a while, but now question if it is no coincidence that I just read a couple of articles that say NASA has just confirmed that a 62-mile meteor is headed out way.

Think of it this way, watch the movie Judgement Day with Suzy Amis and Ice T sort of being a work of fiction that was a few years ahead of it's time with a plot twist, instead of having 3 days to find a weapon to blow up an asteroid after finding the scientist that already designed one, we got 10 years to figure out a design plan and attempt to build one.

I have always been interested in physics and space.My family witnessed the Trinity Test in New Mexico and I am distantly related to Wernher von Braun according to geneology.I would make model rockets as a kid.i became a scientist when i was 3.i love physical and terminal ballistics which is a subset of physics.Terminal ballistics is the academic study of the medical science of gunshot wounds and what happens when certain types of bullets hit.Like my whole family is into that.