Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lm8
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jul 2023, 1:53 pm

If there are any Free, Libre, Open Source Software enthusiasts in this group, the Digital Freedom Foundation needs volunteers to help out for Software Freedom Day. This year (September, 2023) will mark the 20th anniversary of Software Freedom Day. Also, if you're interested in participating, please check the Software Freedom Day wiki to see if there's a local event in your area or a virtual session you can attend. You'll find more information about Software Freedom Day on the Software Freedom Day web site. There's also a mailing list or you can join in the discussion on matrix in the SoftwareFreedomDay channel. Thanks.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 4:57 pm

I've switched from Microsoft Office to LibreOffice, because I don't want to pay for a MS 365 subscription.

In general, open-source software is the norm for me.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Watchtower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2023, 3:33 am

Do you guys know of any Free Software events in Mexico? It's hard to find people that do not consider me weird/suspicious for caring about my privacy, let alone, people that like Free Software

lm8
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Sep 2023, 11:51 am

Nearshore Cyber Oaxaca Linux User Group:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nearshore- ... 9669188647

They're meeting today 9/17/23 virtually and will be discussing Software Freedom Day. They have weekly meetings.