World-first artificial synthesis of starch from CO2 outperfo

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 7:25 pm

This is from 2021, not *brand* new but something I was reminded of listening to something else.

When I think of core problems for biological life I think of the following constrainst:

1) food
2) water
3) energy

Those are the kinds of things we go to war over, and as well they're the kind of things where if we have tenuous supply chains war can damage their supply.

When I first heard about this it was David Friedberg bringing it up on the All In podcast but just.... to think about it... synthetic nutrients? It's still very early days but it could be a life-saver similar to any fundamental distribution or supply problem that we have with food, water, or energy. To come closer to fundamentally solving for any one of those is a massive win.

https://newatlas.com/science/artificial ... -from-co2/

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 4:13 pm

Making instant mashed potatoes literally out of thin air?

That would be major if it could be done on an industrial scale.