Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Naked Atira
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2022, 5:07 am

I have a computer optimised for gaming, which has a Windows drive on it.
Last week, it forcefully upgraded to Windows 11.

Everything seems to work so far, my games work, which I'm glad for.
What I don't like about it, is it not user-friendly and very confusing. I'm clicking around to try and find what I'm looking for, even modifying the clock takes quite a few clicks.
It's probably more unuser friendly than Windows 10.

I hate that the task bars groups programs in blocks, instead of tabs with no way to fix it.
I realised that Ubuntu (What I normally us) is the same way and has been most of my time using it, since Unity anyway. It still bothers me, because I'm used to Windows having the bars for each program.

The language bar shows up and it's trial and error, added and removing languages to remove it. It takes about a half and hour to fiddle with the language settings to remove it.

Other than that, it seems to work good overall.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 7:58 am

I ditched Windows when 8.1 came out and trashed my laptop. I've been using Linux Mint Cinnamon ever since then. I find it much cleaner and simpler to use and it doesn't get in the way. Windows has become far too bloated and unstable. I guess you are stuck with it though if you use the computer for gaming. Personally I have a PS4 for games, a dedicated console + controller seems far better than using a traditional keyboard.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 8:22 pm

I'm interested in the reference to a forced upgrade. How or why did this happen? Was the laptop running Windows 10, which still has another two years of support from Microsoft?

I don't know much about Windows 11, except that when it was first announced, it seemed that it wouldn't run on around 90% of PCs in use at the time.

Kolica
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2022, 3:49 pm

I will stick with the windows 7

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 6:05 pm

I miss their old free movie editing application.

Everyone keeps unnecessarily changing things.

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2022, 10:46 am

Don't like 11. Tried it and prefer 10. Am using windows 10 ltsc IOT. So supported till 2032.