Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

macvincent
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Nov 2004, 2:33 pm

Microsoft has released a public beta version of it's new search engine:
http://beta.search.msn.com

This may give Google some competition...

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2004, 1:56 pm

It looks rather dull in appearance to me at least I guess, I was expecting something more as far as graphics or something when I heard 'new' msn search. I suppose only time will tell if MSN can really compete with Google in aspects and put them out of business. As far as the search output page, there isn't much different than a replica of Google's search results except different font use and size. Add on duplica sponsered ads at top and bottom it is rather disappointing and decreases the space to list the results likely increasing the amount of pages you have to go through to find what you want and increasing frustration potential. :roll:

tetragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2004, 7:26 pm

Can't say that I'm fond of MS, but at least the beta MSN search still has some amusing results. Of the non-sponsored links, the top entry for best operating system is Debian, the linux distro I use, and the top entry for worst operating system is an article that states "Windows is THE WORST OPERATING SYSTEM EVER." in the text description. I would have thought that the results would have been tweaked to prevent that from happening.

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2004, 8:14 pm

I like google search because it is fast and effeicent.

their whole goal is to have you leave from their siteas fast as they can, and to be pleased with your results.

I hope msn seach bombs, they should focus mroe on making their operating system like google... fast and effeicent

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2004, 7:49 am

I like Google; but they do censor stuff. I'll be my own babysitter; thank you very much.