Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 4:17 pm

Tensho wrote:
I cant justify buying one of these at the moment but everytime i see them i want one :(

Tensho, put it on your job account! tell your boss "it's like, totally for work mazn!" :lol:

KingChaosNinja wrote:
If it was just a bit smaller I could mount that thing to my forarm and be futuristic. Which I totally want to do! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MR_BOGAN wrote:

8O
Damn! That's great! Image

So Bman, what's your address again? So I can steal... er, look at it? :lol:

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:51 pm

I know of some journalists who have these, it's been talked about on a journalists forum.

Some just have the asus eeepc, some also have fancy Macbooks that they are reluctant to go on the road with in case they get broken or stolen (and the eeepc's are much more portable and light).

They've had good reviews so far, and for journalists who need something reliable, to file their copy on deadline, that kind of thing is important.

I read someone on another forum complaining that they didn't have enough memory.

But seriously, if you're into gaming and downloading loads of stuff, then the specs aren't going to meet your needs. But for the light to average user who wants to surf the net and email and write a bit, they do what it says on the tin by all accounts.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 9:03 pm

Tensho wrote:
I cant justify buying one of these at the moment but everytime i see them i want one :(

I couldn't justify owning one I don't have any need for it what so ever. But I brought it anyway. :wink:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 9:04 pm

computerlove wrote:

8O
Damn! That's great! Image

So Bman, what's your address again? So I can steal... er, look at it? :lol:

YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY BABY!! ! :twisted:

IT'S MINE. ALL MINE!! !! :shaking2:

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:17 pm

But man! I just want to look at it!

If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open :twisted:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:25 am

I sleep with a loaded shotgun called Bob.

Latest picture of MR_BOGAN. :twisted:

Image :twisted: :twisted:

MR_BOGAN's precious

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:32 am

dude you have inspired me, I have managed to contact a company that does online shopping in a way that it makes products offered in US available to people of my country, I have requested an Everex cloudbook looking good :) With some luck the extra fees wouldn't get too expensive :)

I can justify this expenditure since it will allow me to, instead of saving for a laptop and wait one more year I will be able to get me a good ultra portable instead, I've been thinking those are much more useful since they aren't so heavy and use less battery, I would most likely only use a laptop for simple stuff anyway, no need for a second gaming rig (though perhaps prboom would run just fine on one of these computers :) ) , well at least they are less expensive.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 5:37 am

^cool, yeah read up on the pros and cons of them before you buy one though. So you are sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 7:56 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
^cool, yeah read up on the pros and cons of them before you buy one though. So you are sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Yes. You may suffer the looming threat of theft by envious Mexicans. ;)

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:17 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I did. I understand the limitations, but the whole reason I wanted a laptop in the first place was to be able to browse the web inside my college's wireless area, and to be able to read PDF files.

My palm was helping with the reading books thing, but the thing is, that stuff suck! I need a windows XP virtual machine to be able to transfer stuff to the palm, and at the end the book becomes very hard to read...

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:52 am

Fuzzy wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:

Yes. You may suffer the looming threat of theft by envious Mexican ninjas. ;)

corrected =P

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 10:11 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
I did. I understand the limitations, but the whole reason I wanted a laptop in the first place was to be able to browse the web inside my college's wireless area, and to be able to read PDF files.

My palm was helping with the reading books thing, but the thing is, that stuff suck! I need a windows XP virtual machine to be able to transfer stuff to the palm, and at the end the book becomes very hard to read...
meh whatever, it turns out the company I was going to use to bring the thing here will charge me outstanding 200 $us more. For 299 it was a great deal, but 499 and it is crazy-expensive...

Sometimes I wish I lived in America, why is it nobody brings these gadgets here but we have thousands of freaking cell phones?

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 5:44 pm

computerlove wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
Mexican ninjas. ;)

corrected =P

8O

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:50 pm

you should try mexican sushi, it's crazy!

two words: beef and cheese 8O

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 9:10 am

One of the concerns I have is the Solid State Drive. How does it work? The typical Flash drive has a limited number of times it can be written to and then it dies. How did they overcome that limitation or did they?

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 9:15 am

n4mwd wrote:
One of the concerns I have is the Solid State Drive. How does it work? The typical Flash drive has a limited number of times it can be written to and then it dies. How did they overcome that limitation or did they?

The typical read/write limits of a average SSD are not greater than the life expectancy of the computer itself.

That being said, the SSDs are not energy efficient after all, as they have only a singluar state: on. The mechanical disks spin down. I forget where I saw the test though.