Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 4:33 am

EgaoNoGenki wrote:
Just our physical appearance. Why would we want to regress mentally and emotionally?

Erm. Because that is how you worded your original post. You phrased it as if the "younger" version was going to be less mature. If only physical appearance is changed, then most of your original questions were needless. The "youthened" person would be exactly the same person, legaally, morally, educationally, etc.

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2008, 7:40 am

lau wrote:
The "youthened" person would be exactly the same person, ...educationally, etc.

I'm sorry that my original post got misconstrued.

That's the idea, Lau. The idea is to go back to middle school (of course while I "look the part,") make better friends more easily with my advanced social skills, earn my place in gifted classes, and come out ahead of nearly everyone living their first adolescence.

With scholarships, AP classes, and a free ride through a nice college, all this would look spectacular on my resume and I'd get a job in a high place at a Fortune 500. I'd have far less regrets about my past than I did the first time. Man, I'd feel pumped!

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 11:16 am

EgaoNoGenki wrote:
lau wrote:
The "youthened" person would be exactly the same person, ...educationally, etc.

I'm sorry that my original post got misconstrued.

That's the idea, Lau. The idea is to go back to middle school (of course while I "look the part,") make better friends more easily with my advanced social skills, earn my place in gifted classes, and come out ahead of nearly everyone living their first adolescence.

With scholarships, AP classes, and a free ride through a nice college, all this would look spectacular on my resume and I'd get a job in a high place at a Fortune 500. I'd have far less regrets about my past than I did the first time. Man, I'd feel pumped!

You talk as though no one would know you did the procedure. I don't think when you apply for middle school enrollment and they see age 20+ in your records they're going to think your a smart kid instead of an adult with issues.

Almost everyone has at one time or another wished they could go back in time retaining their knowledge (If only I knew then what I know now) this seems to be just a variation of that common desire.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2008, 5:27 am

Fraya wrote:
You talk as though no one would know you did the procedure. I don't think when you apply for middle school enrollment and they see age 20+ in your records they're going to think your a smart kid instead of an adult with issues.

Almost everyone has at one time or another wished they could go back in time retaining their knowledge (If only I knew then what I know now) this seems to be just a variation of that common desire.

I hope I can fake my records then.

If not, lets hope there's a middle school out there that can take me in. Some kind of educational institute anyhow.

If not, I'll have to settle for the Holodeck. ( http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Holodeck ) (Some would say a virtual reality "cocoon" but that sounds too cramped.)

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2008, 9:37 pm

Quote:
Dunno about other adults, but I'd give the freak a good solid kick in the head.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT??????????

There are harsher legal penalties in harming a child.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 11:24 pm

"Rail travel at high speed is not possible, because passengers, unable to breathe, would die of asphyxia." - Dr Dionysius Lardner (1793-1859), professor of Natural Philosophy and Astronomy, University College London.

"The abolishment of pain in surgery is a chimera. It is absurd to go on seeking it...knife and pain are two words in surgery that must forever be associated in the consciousness of the patient." - Dr. Alfred Velpeau, French surgeon, 1839.

Another apparently foolishly negative naysayer was Lord Kelvin. Who really aught to have been more positive.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 9:36 pm

Age reversal is not coming any time soon or late. Perhaps one can produce a biological duplicate body by using stem cells, but that is not producing a duplicate person which is a body plus all the experiences and memories it has.

Actual reversal of the breakdown of the telomeres on the chromosomes is highly unlikely. Perhaps our life spans can be increased a bit but age is most likely not reversible. Get used to the idea of dying. It is much easier that way.

ruveyn