Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

atxa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2006, 9:34 pm

Hello,

I got a few questions about Macintosh, if you want to reply, I'll appreciate it.

In your area, is it easy to find place where they repair Macintosh?

Is it Big dealer or people at their home ?

About the rates, is it expansive ?

Here, where I live it's not easy to find Macintosh Technician and almost every places that
I found at Montreal and Quebec, it is very expansive.

Where I work we repair PC (Windows only), at home I'm learning Mac to do that as a side line. I got a lots of documentations and test that on my G4.

Thank you !

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2006, 12:26 am

Down here in America, we've got a nice selection of Apple Stores cropping up in malls, so they're getting easier to find. If there's a problem, we just take the Mac to the store to get it fixed. I guess if you have the ProCare plan, they can fix stuff for free, but I can't say what the pricing is on things done off-warranty.

VoluminousFlush
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2006, 12:25 pm

I live in a town of 100,000 people in northeastern Texas. The nearest outlet for Macintosh computers and repairmen is in Dallas, a 100 mile trip. Hence, if anything did happen to a Macintosh computer, it would be a little bit of a hassle to get it repaired.

And did you mean expensive as opposed to expansive? If so, then yes. They are usually a good deal more expensive than a PC.