Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2018, 10:46 am

Whenever i’m watching animated content, i find myself liking all 4 major forms of animation equally, and i am curious if anyone in this community has any specific preference as to animation. The forms/styles I am talking about are Hand drawn (Aladdin, Road to El Dorado, Iron Giant, Titan AE, most anime, etc.), Stop-Motion (Coraline, Chicken Run, Fantastic mr Fox, etc.), CGI (Shrek, Frozen, Toy Story, Ice Age, Lego, etc.), or Motion Capture (Beowulf, Final fantasy, Tintin, Christmas Carol, Happy feet, Rango, etc.). I’ve never done this before and am really interested in hearing your feedback.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 10:55 am

Personally I like hand drawn best. It looks more like art.

Now everything is CGI and it used to look beautiful at the time when movies like Shrek and A Bug's Life were being made but now it all looks so dull and ugly. Every CGI cartoon feels the same to me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 12:21 pm

I also like all forms of animation equally, but if you haven't watched the stop-motion film Isle Of Dogs, you should do it as soon as you can. It is an excellent movie with a great storyline and wonderful voice acting.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I also like all forms of animation equally, but if you haven't watched the stop-motion film Isle Of Dogs, you should do it as soon as you can. It is an excellent movie with a great storyline and wonderful voice acting.

I like that movie a lot too.

The kind of animation I make is hand-drawn animation however I like all types of animation except for motion capture.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 6:52 pm

komamanga wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

I like that movie a lot too.

The kind of animation I make is hand-drawn animation however I like all types of animation except for motion capture.

I do hand drawn animation too, and occasional cg and vfx for puppet animation.
I don't really like cg animation though, .... there's something about it trying to look like something else (usually "reality", less often it tries to look like styles of drawing) that I dislike.
I have a perverse taste for motion capture, it all looks like a trainwreck to me. I have zero understanding for why people make these.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 8:17 pm

they are all the best at what they each set out to do.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.