Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 4:48 pm

Are you sitting comfortably? Like trains? Like old films? Well. This film may be for you. Enjoy!

(Caution. Horror film... )

https://youtu.be/y9iCAJjiWBA

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 5:21 pm

Anyone watch it? Anyone seen it before? It was filmed on the old Great Western Railway in the days when it was operating. One thing though. The bridge would have been interlocked so the ending was a bit of.... Lets just say it would bend railway rules a bit as they would not be able to give the road with the signal if the bridge was open.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 12:03 pm

Would this film be classed as a horror film?

James_Ladrang
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

Looks like the line between Dawlish and Teignmouth. Must admit, I prefer the Will Hay version of the story "Oh! Mr Porter" and have also seen the play produced by a local dramatic group. Technically, there would be interlocking of bridge and signals, but it's only a story.
Presumably you know the original author is better known as Mr Godfrey in the sitcom Dad's Army.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 2:32 pm

James_Ladrang wrote:
Looks like the line between Dawlish and Teignmouth. Must admit, I prefer the Will Hay version of the story "Oh! Mr Porter" and have also seen the play produced by a local dramatic group. Technically, there would be interlocking of bridge and signals, but it's only a story.
Presumably you know the original author is better known as Mr Godfrey in the sitcom Dad's Army.

The author of The Ghost Train?

Yes. I have been to the Dawlish area once and I witnessed a miracle there. :)

James_Ladrang
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2019, 1:17 pm

The play, on which this film and a few others are based, was written by Arnold Ridley.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 3:10 pm

I find it a scary film though. I think that because it is in black and white, it highlights the eerie scene.