Page 1016 of 1025 [ 15363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019 ... 1025  Next

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Feb 2020, 4:51 am

Wer
it was okay

“When the green hills are covered with talking wires and the wolves no longer sing, what good will the money you paid for our land be then”
― Chief Seattle

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 9:23 am

Speed 2

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 12:01 pm

Patriot Games.

And So It Goes
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2020, 12:22 pm

Men In Black: International

"Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you." - Lemmy

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 5:05 pm

Black's Game - Icelandic crime thriller about the rise of the drug underworld in Reykjavik, late 1990's. Brutal and violent, indeed. Not a bad film if a bit gloomy and a little too reliant on the sex-drugs-rock & roll tropes.

Brimstone - This is what happens when backwards people let just ANY psychopath be their preacher. If anything can go wrong, it definitely will. Pretty brutal film with Guy Pearce and Dakota Fanning. Worth seeing if only as a precautionary tale.

Flu - Killer flu like the coronavirus running amok in South Korea. The movie started out well then slowly became a load of tripe as the director piled on the mushy background strings in spades as well as the unnecessary crocodile tears.

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Feb 2020, 9:23 am

Blue streak
wow, it was bad

Jaws
hadn't seen it for a long while, was very pleasantly surprised by how well it still held up. It didn't feel outdated

“When the green hills are covered with talking wires and the wolves no longer sing, what good will the money you paid for our land be then”
― Chief Seattle

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:55 am

And So It Goes wrote:

I liked it.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 11:04 am

I saw The Irishman while recuperating from hernia surgery. Not sure if I would have seen it otherwise.

Didn't break any new ground as a mobster movie, but I appreciated the strong tie-in with history.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:13 pm

Brightburn - Was much better than I thought. Since the lead was a kid, I thought it'd be some weak PG or PG-13 fluff. It wasn't. It was an R flick with a strong and intense violent streak with a good story - just the way I like it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:16 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Brightburn - Was much better than I thought. Since the lead was a kid, I thought it'd be some weak PG or PG-13 fluff. It wasn't. It was an R flick with a strong and intense violent streak with a good story - just the way I like it.

I just saw that last night, as that was my Valentine's Day present to my wife. Great movie.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:43 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Patriot Games.

What is your opinion, Brother Cecil?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:45 pm

And So It Goes wrote:

What is your opinion?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 10:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

I just saw that last night, as that was my Valentine's Day present to my wife. Great movie.

I'll have to check it out.

And So It Goes
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2020, 10:16 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
And So It Goes wrote:
I liked it.

I didn't.

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
And So It Goes wrote:

What is your opinion?

It opened well, but the middle fell flat. I felt the story became less engaging as it went along.

I wanted to like its entertaining factor, but the muddled delivery and pacing of the story stopped me from doing this.

There was great acting chemistry between M and H, but (it could be the nostalgia talking), it made me want to watch the first Men In Black film again.

Though saying that, I wasn't too keen on the 2nd or 3rd film in the franchise either.

"Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you." - Lemmy

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 2:36 pm

Street Fighter
I loved this movie as a kid