wandavision
falcon and the winter soldier

I'm looking for new shows I would like based on those shows I listed

thanks

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 10:15 pm

I don't know most of those shows, but if you like The Detectorists (I've only seen a few episodes), you might like some other UK comedies, like The IT Crowd or The Mighty Boosh. Peep Show was good too, but the last couple of seasons started to get a little weird.

I don't know if there's any other shows like Stranger Things, since it's based mostly on films. Maybe some of the Stephen King miniseries, if you haven't seen them all already?
Castle Rock was just okay, and didn't really have anything to do with Stephen King, but I thought it was worth it just for the fantastic episode 7. I still need to finish watching the rest of it.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 2:58 am

You mentioned a couple super hero shows, so maybe The Umbrella Academy on Netflix?

enz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:29 am

Bradleigh wrote:
You mentioned a couple super hero shows, so maybe The Umbrella Academy on Netflix?

I've watched that, its a good one

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2021, 2:01 am

Dark Matter? It's based on a comic I haven't read and is about a crew of mercenaries who wake up on a spaceship with amnesia. After piecing together their identities they go on adventures and generally end up dealing with evil megacorporations. It has modern Whedon-esque banter, and sci-fi, things that show up in shows you listed. The android character was a highlight, cute, funny, and hypercompetent. The show was cancelled in its 3rd(?) season after a MAJOR cliffhanger and if I have to suffer through that, so does everyone else.

weirdperson75000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2021, 2:03 am

I recommend you a German TV show available on Netflix : Dark

A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/

It is the most brilliant TV show that I have ever watched. Yes, it is a sci-fi TV show but I think you would like it ! Everyone would like this show lol ! :)

Here is the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwycJ08PSA

Besides, the soundtrack is pretty good : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kYH6XZrIo

More info below:

I have always been opposed to time travel stories in science fiction, for the most part. The concept works well in comedies (Back to the Future, Bill and Ted), but in serious production it opens up the door for endless plot holes and misunderstandings about how time travel should work, were it actually possible.

But Dark has gone deeper into the concept than any series or movie I have ever seen, and seems determined to craft what has to be the most intricate and detailed time travel sci-fi tale I’ve ever seen.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... d53b417167

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 8:06 pm

Fringe is a lot of fun if you like the X-Files.