Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2021, 9:22 pm

I seen and have heard about animated shows for kids and adults. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the kid shows growing up like SpongeBob. I also like adult shows like Family Guy and American Dad. There's one thing that's missing is animation for teens. Why is that we haven't seen more shows from creators from this demographic?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 1:18 pm

There is a surprising lack of cartoons for teens. I suspect the networks believe it's not a good market or something. I don't know what teens are into these days. My interests stayed the same throughout all my life. Most teen shows I've seen are from Canada and some aren't very good. One show on CN called Regular Show feels like it could've been aimed at teens. I really liked that show.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 1:21 pm

Google "Anime for Teens", and then come back tell us that there is a surprising lack of cartoons for teens.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Google "Anime for Teens", and then come back tell us that there is a surprising lack of cartoons for teens.

I think he prefers Western Animation in the discussion.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 3:32 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I think he prefers Western Animation in the discussion.
His loss, then.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 5:13 pm

^Well some aren't interested in cartoon kiddie erotica.

On the main topic, I think the prevaling idea is that things aimed at anything but adults aren't "cool" enough for a lot of teens to be interested in them.
I remember in my teens most of my peers seemed to just watch adult sitcom cartoons like South Park and Family Guy. The geekier kids who weren't ashamed to watch kids/kiddier cartoons did just that, they don't care either way. So I think the issue is wether or not there's enough of a demographic to justify making an animated show aimed specifically at teens.

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2021, 5:28 pm

Okay. Here's this. viewtopic.php?t=401092. Check it out.