Page 1090 of 1262 [ 20185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1087, 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093 ... 1262  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:13 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
Sonic the Hedgehog.

In a word...awful. Title character extremely annoying. Film full of nonsense that fails to add to or advance the story.

Agreed

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 9:35 am

European Vacation
Okay

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 11:48 am

Last night we watched two movies! Both were Comedy/Horror werewolf movies. Neither is a blockbuster candidate for a bunch of Oscars. Both were fun and we enjoyed both. If you enjoy fun, low-budget films that do not take themselves seriously then I recommend both!

Werewolves Within [2021]
-=-"A whodunnit with teeth."
It is based upon the video game Werewolves Within [2016]. Familiarity with the video game is not needed to enjoy the movie—I only know the game exists and only because it is mentioned in some descriptions of the movie.

The ride from "welcome to town" through "who's a killer" to "who's a werewolf" is fun!

Bubba the Redneck Werewolf [2014]
-=-I guess it was so low-budget they couldn't afford a tagline.
Based on the characters and comic book by the guy who was also the film's Executive Producer, co-writer, and who costarred in the movie as a delightful "The Devil". :twisted:

This was just plain simple camp dumb FUN!

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 5:24 pm

Giant (1956)

It wasn't until I listened to the song right at the end of this film that I realized that the 'giant' was probably in fact the state of Texas, which is reputedly pretty big, the story being based on the transformation of its identity from one based on cattle ranching to one dominated by oil production during the course of the mid-twentieth century. Couldn't really apply the term 'giant' to most of the characters, who were on the whole a boring and/or unsympathetic lot, with the exception of Leslie, played by Liz Taylor. The other major participants are Rock Hudson and James Dean.

I've never really understood the allure of Dean, and wonder whether his cult status would have been quite so huge had he not met his famous and iconic early death. It was a bit of a struggle to follow half of what he was saying, as he mumbled so much, but you couldn't expect subtitles on a vhs release of a film in English for an English-speaking audience.

Among the story's numerous faults is a credibility issue - right at the start, Hudson's character visits the property where Taylor's character lives to buy her horse, and a couple of days later he's heading back home to his ranch married to her, despite the fact that they'd never met before or even shown any evidence of chemistry between them in the meantime. The film must have had something going for it though, as I managed to sit through all three hours of it, albeit in three separate sittings.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 9:47 am

The Sisters Brothers
Fun

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:54 am

I recently watched V.H.S. which I enjoyed. I'd say the first and last segments were my favorites. It was definitely scary, but nothing that I didn't feel I could handle. I hear the second one is better and scarier though.

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Dec 2021, 11:33 am

The Muppets (2011)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:23 pm

hold_sway wrote:
The Muppets (2011)

What is your opinion?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:32 pm

Ghost in the Shell (1995)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Dec 2021, 9:34 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
hold_sway wrote:
The Muppets (2011)

What is your opinion?

I quite liked it as a love letter/homage to all the old Muppets media. And I totally read Walter as autistic. Amy Adams is cute. There were plot holes.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 9:48 am

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
I recently watched V.H.S. which I enjoyed. I'd say the first and last segments were my favorites. It was definitely scary, but nothing that I didn't feel I could handle. I hear the second one is better and scarier though.

Sounds good

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Dec 2021, 6:48 pm

The Muppets Movie (1979)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 6:55 pm

The Bishop's Wife - Cary Grant and Loretta Young (1947)

One of my Christmas favourites.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:02 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Ghost in the Shell (1995)

What is your opinion?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 9:45 pm

Citizen X.

Based on the true story of the hunt for a notorious Russian serial killer, and how the investigation almost failed due to the totalitarian Soviet bureaucracy. Very good film.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 8:55 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Sounds good

It definitely is, it was also a Dollar Tree find which I was thrilled about. It isn't for the faint of heart if you aren't already familiar with a variety of horror films. They don't hold anything back.