Page 1105 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108 ... 1263  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Eternals.

What did you think? I was primed to expect garbage, so I was pleasantly surprised, it felt more overstuffed than poorly made.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 9:09 am

Dox47 wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Eternals.

What did you think? I was primed to expect garbage, so I was pleasantly surprised, it felt more overstuffed than poorly made.

I read a few negative reviews ( saying it was woke nonsense , diversity , Chloé Zhao blah blah blah ) so wasn't expecting much either and was also pleasantly surprised. It was standard Marvel fare , stunning visually , no need to engage brain and enjoy the action.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 9:21 am

Dox47 wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Eternals.

I heard similar things.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 11:11 am

Shanghai Noon
fun

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:52 pm

Cache

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 4:07 pm

Two nights ago we watched:

Sherlock Holmes [2009]
-=-"Crime Will Pay"

And last night we watched:

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [2011]
-=-"The game is afoot."

And, someday, I would very much like to watch:

Sherlock Holmes 3 (?) [????]

I think this is a good Sherlock Holmes franchise. It takes the traditional Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes format, plus a lot of action (Sherlock Holmes is an action hero!) and Hollywood blockbuster presentation and special effects! And it keeps everything in the time period Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be comfortable with.

If you have not seen the first movie I encourage you to stop reading here...

I do have one big complaint! Spoiler:

The first time I saw the film I was aghast for much of the movie! It took a lot of the fun out of the movie for me. There was too much magic and supernatural for my taste. I thought it was inappropriate in a Sherlock Holmes story.

But, I was wrong. Big spoiler:
The villain was faking the magic and supernatural stuff! And, had successfully faked me out. I would've enjoyed the first movie more the first time I saw it, though, if they had let me in on that secret!

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 6:30 pm

Mad Max
Not what I expected, a little boring honestly. Didn't care much for it. Kind of homophobic. But with Mel I guess I should've seen that coming.

Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior)
This one's pretty great. But still very homophobic.

Land of the Dead
I'd seen it before. It's awesome. Romero was the master of zombie films.

Ip Man and Ip Man 2
I'd seen the first film before. It's great. The sequel not so much but still good. The English language dialogue written by Chinese scriptwriters is absolutely hilarious. It's almost natural-sounding, but with an akward vibe about it.
Somewhat uncomfortably both films have rather cartoony foreign villains and a bit of a nationalistic tone.

The Thing (1882)
Awesome. The effects are great, but the suspense is what makes it a great film.

I Am Legend
Pretty good. Will Smith is fantastic, I liked the plot but the ending kind of sucks. The whole film really seems to be building up to the alternate ending that wasn't used so there's a serious disconnect there. Also, the "darkseekers" look terrible. They look like the banking clan guy from Attack of the Clones.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 12:34 am

A movie with a background theme of societal oppression to it. The borrowers are the little people, the underdogs of society & the big people are the capitalists, running them off of their territory.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 9:39 am

Kerch wrote:
Mad Max
Not what I expected, a little boring honestly. Didn't care much for it. Kind of homophobic. But with Mel I guess I should've seen that coming.

Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior)
This one's pretty great. But still very homophobic.

Land of the Dead
I'd seen it before. It's awesome. Romero was the master of zombie films.

Ip Man and Ip Man 2
I'd seen the first film before. It's great. The sequel not so much but still good. The English language dialogue written by Chinese scriptwriters is absolutely hilarious. It's almost natural-sounding, but with an akward vibe about it.
Somewhat uncomfortably both films have rather cartoony foreign villains and a bit of a nationalistic tone.

The Thing (1882)
Awesome. The effects are great, but the suspense is what makes it a great film.

I Am Legend
Pretty good. Will Smith is fantastic, I liked the plot but the ending kind of sucks. The whole film really seems to be building up to the alternate ending that wasn't used so there's a serious disconnect there. Also, the "darkseekers" look terrible. They look like the banking clan guy from Attack of the Clones.

Some good movies!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 10:42 am

Last night we watched:

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World [2012]
-=-"Nice knowing you."

We enjoyed it. And it did deliver Romance and Comedy...as best as could be reasonably expected from a movie literally aboutthe end of the World.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 11:21 am

None.

I found out the other day there's a movie called "Let My Puppets Come" 1976. I may have to check that one out. lol.

I might rewatch Fight Club, (f--k china) American Psycho, Maybe, If i don't change my mind. It's atleast been 10 years since I've seen either one.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 3:26 pm

Field of dreams
A true classic

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Field of dreams
A true classic

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Totally agree! It's one of my all time favorite movies.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 12:00 am

Winter's Bone (2010)

Absolutely unforgettable, gritty story, hard to watch in places, like I don't particularly like to see women beaten up in films, but that came with the territory.

Exceptional casting too.
Five stars, seriously.

Last edited by Raleigh on 31 Jan 2022, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 12:06 am

Bear wants to know if that's the same as Lovely Bones? ^

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 12:08 am

^ No, different film.