Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

big_fat_phony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2009, 9:51 am

Hi,

This will mainly be for the Brits on this site, but did anyone watch Thursdays episode of Skins, where we saw the development of JJ's character.

he has some form of Autism, though i'm not fully sure what sort... does anyone know?

Also, what did people think of his portrayal? I thought it was fairly well done, and the end was very nice! :)

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 7:19 pm

He is autistic, and a screencap of his diagnosis shows:

Lower Spectrum Autism; Query Aspergers Syndrome? Complicating Factors; Odsessive (sic) compulsive disorder, Acute Hyperactivity, Night Terrors; Query Bi-polar di-order (sic).

Handwritten notes, and the general depiction of the mental health services in the program suggest that this diagnosis may not be completely accurate though. AS looks like the right guess though, and its quite a good portrayal, and a little less stereotyped than the usual. (Though I query that anyone "obsessed" with model planes would be buying the bod airfix kits at that age.. surely the posh Italieri ones with the after-market brass-etched parts....)

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2009, 5:37 am

His episode was one of my favorites from that season.

Darrenj777
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jun 2009, 8:21 am

so he is aspie then, i so knew it!

i guess that Will from 'the inbetweeners' is also