Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

Megas XLR aka Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System Xtra Large Robot. Number 4 on Cartoon Network's Top 5 original shows. The show was mostly inspired by mecha anime and its humor mocks or pays homage anime conventions. It was about an average overweight guy from New Jersey who plays videogames all day long and then stumbles upon a giant robot accidentally sent from the future and uses his videogame skills to pilot the robot to defeat a threatening alien race known as the Glorft and sometimes the entire city is smashed before the fighting is over.

This show had everything. Giant Robots, Aliens, Destruction, Videogames, a kick butt soundtrack mostly performed by Blues Saraceno and Dweezil Zappa, you name it.

26 awesome episodes and for some reason it is cancelled. It's not airing in the United States. It is airing in Canada though. It's available on iTunes and Xbox Live Marketplace (of which I have neither). It's also finally on DVD but I see no proof of that on online store websites yet and sometimes a guy on YouTube will start uploading the episodes for all to enjoy then get his account terminated then later another guy on YouTube will do the same thing.

If you loved the show too, then let out your fandom here.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 10:24 pm

Oh man, I loved Megas XLR!

"I'm Enda. I end things. People, planets, GALAXIES!! !"

I only ever got to see a few episodes because I was doing stuff on saturday nights at the time, but it was so funny!

I liked how a pop tv ad was destroyed in every episode as an F-you to MTV, who originally agreed to air the show but changed their minds.

While the series is over, they gave it a good finale. I don't think it was canceled so much as the creators were running out of ideas and decided to end it before it got stale.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2012, 5:59 am

I used to love that cartoon as a kid :D

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 10:23 am

"The show ended because CN already had an action show they can already advertise and expose at the time (Ben 10) so they gave it the axe, even when the ratings for Megas were good. I heard the show is currently written off so it won't air on CN, or Adult Swim, in America or in any other country. The creators are working to buy back the rights so they can bring the show back. CN these days have some judging tastes in programming. In the Toonami podcast interview with one of the creators, Chris said the show was a bit too adult for the network's tastes, mainly because of the humor. I think its also because they couldn't think of anything to promote the show more."
-- Brandon L (YouTube User)

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Trivia: Steven Blum (voice of Jamie) also voices Killer Croc in Batman Arkham Asylum, as well as Starscream in Transformers Prime and Wolverine in the recent X Men toon.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 12:22 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Trivia: Steven Blum (voice of Jamie) also voices Killer Croc in Batman Arkham Asylum, as well as Starscream in Transformers Prime and Wolverine in the recent X Men toon.

I know, he's an awesome voice actor. He also voices TOM, the host for Toonami.

Takato
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

I love Megas, I hope the creators succeed Id love to see more.

Aspiegaming wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

You think he's a good voice actor?? just watch this! (he even voices the intro!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hsdevGgwU

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 9:35 pm

Takato wrote:
I love Megas, I hope the creators succeed Id love to see more.

Aspiegaming wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

You think he's a good voice actor?? just watch this! (he even voices the intro!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hsdevGgwU

Wow, that is cool. I didn't know he could do squeaky voices like those. Learning something new every day.