Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 6:24 pm

I saw it a long time ago and I liked it, but I would like to see it again.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 8:05 pm

TheDuck wrote:
the Tim Burton remake is gonna be amazing (if it ends up happening) :D

WHAT :?: :!: :?: A burton remake??? I'm so there.

I have fond memories of watching it every weekend when I was five nad now I own it..

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... *continues squealing*

How you turn my world, you precious thing.
You starve and near exhaust me.

Jareth: Heggle
Sarah:[correcting Jareth] Hogwart
Hoggle:[correcting them both purterbedly] It's Hoggle!

Ludo friend.... with benefits
Sorry about the last one, inside joke of mine and my sister's.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2009, 8:45 pm

i used to watch it when i was little, yeah bowie is awesome but i also like the girl main charactyer, how funny it is when magnetism works (when your energy influences things around you to be familiar or the same) cos im actually buying the labyrinth movie off ebay now!

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 3:42 pm

Julia_the_Great wrote:
But you gotta love David Bowie!

...Why? :scratch: I like some of his music, and I liked his character in the movie, but I really don't get all the David Bowie hype... but then again, I'm not a girl/gay/bi/whatever, so nevermind... :P

Anyway, it's kind of a fun little movie, if you enjoy that stuff. I particularly liked the goblin warriors and the "eternal stench."

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2009, 8:23 am

i listen to the album constantly while i wait for it to arrive in the mail from ebay

i used to love the movie, i vaguely remember enjoying the puzzles and stuff Sarah (Main Character) had to do to advance in the labyrinth like the two twin guards or something

yes it is a trip movie and thats why im also getting the Alice In Wonderland movies!

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 1:46 am

I see there are a lot of Labyninth fans here. Personally I have never seen it, but those who have would probably find this comic enjoyable:

Girls Next Door by Pika-la-Cynique (deviantart)

I recently discovered this comic on DeviantArt, it has a pretty huge fan following. Basically, it's set in a parallel universe, in which Sarah from Labryinth and Christine (the female protagonist from Phantom of the Opera) end up as roomates. But it doesn't stop there: turns out Jareth the Goblin King and Eric the Phantom of the Opera are also roomates... in the downstairs room! There are also other characters from various fandoms including but not limited to Commodore Norrington from Pirates of the Carribean, Inspector Javert from Les Miserables, Aziraphale and Crowley from Neil Gaiman's novel Good Omens, and Legolas from Lord of the Rings. It may sound like some Mary Sue's hodgepodge of fandoms, but in reality its really hilarious and well-put together, a must-read for any fan of any of these stories.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2009, 11:46 pm

I though Tim Burton was doing Alice In Wonderland Remake not Labyrinth??? anyways which ever it is imma def see it!! ! awesome!! anyone has any links to more info on either films?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 11:20 pm

ok, I tracked down the model, and rerendered...

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 9:59 pm

pakled wrote:
ok, I tracked down the model, and rerendered...

8O *whistling impressedly" Geez packled... that musta taken you weeks, or months to do...
Gawd! Not the room I was expecting either.. I thought it was going to be one of Sarah's bedroom when you said one of the "beginning" rooms from the movie

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 4:26 pm

Pakled's photo reminds me of the Labyrinth video game (it's very old and ran on my Apple ][ at the time). The very end came down to three choices of what to say to the Goblin King:

You have no Owls over me
You have no <???> over me
You have no Power over me

You would win the game if you chose the last one. Unfortunately, my memory has a hole about the second option you could choose. I think it was elephants. Does anyone recall?

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm

I have an aspie friend who did not like this film. I showed it him thinking he would enjoy it but he would not stop making snarky comments throughout the whole film and it was really getting on my nerves.