Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 11:04 pm

I enjoy poking fun at things that are taken seriously when they ought not to be, which is why I find the annual Razzberry Award Ceremony particularly entertaining. Given the fact that 2005 was not a great year for Hollywood, this should be much better entertainment than the Academy Awards (if only because it is bound to be much shorter.)

This year's RAZZIE ceremonies will be held the now-traditional 24 hours BEFORE That Other Award Show: 7:30pm PST, Saturday, March 4 at the historic Ivar Theatre in Hollywood.

And yes, Tom Cruise did make the list...a few times. You can view the other nominees at the official website.

http://www.razzies.com/default.asp

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2006, 9:17 am

Yes. The greatest prize in motion picture entertainment returns again. The guy who came up with this is a genius - in a counterculture kind of way.

If I were famous, I may even think of appearing and excepting one of those cheap trophies. But those big-time actors that took their film seriously may have problems with it though. But then I'm sure some come to terms with it and move on.

JediofRohan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2006, 5:07 pm

dude, you are so right! Hayden Christinsen who was Anakin in Revenge of the Sith can't act to save his life! He whines way more than Luke ever did.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 7:18 pm

JediofRohan wrote:
dude, you are so right! Hayden Christinsen who was Anakin in Revenge of the Sith can't act to save his life! He whines way more than Luke ever did.

I know! I think the saving factor in ALL of the new movies was Ewan McGregor and Obi-Wan Kenobi...and the cool special effects, of course.

JediofRohan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2006, 9:18 pm

dexkaden wrote:
JediofRohan wrote:

I know! I think the saving factor in ALL of the new movies was Ewan McGregor and Obi-Wan Kenobi...and the cool special effects, of course.

of course. everybody ELSE can act, considering that Christiopher Lee also moonlighted as Saruman for the rival Lord of the Rings trilogy.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 9:28 pm

Does everyone sing and act? And I didnt War Of The Worlds. They didnt have to have so much blood. I thought I was going to throw up.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 9:55 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
And I didnt War Of The Worlds. They didnt have to have so much . I thought I was going to throw up.

I d that movie...it made me sick, too. I thought the book was lame, and the movie was worse. But I still saw it anyway, go figure. :roll: