Interesting little article About futurama:

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Narocos300
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2006, 11:48 pm

One of my Obssessions is Futurama I have all the seasons on Box set and pull them out from time to time to watch my favorite Episodes.

This little Article blazen across made my heart skip
http://tv.ign.com/articles/714/714479p1.html :lol:

In my eye they are better than the Simpsons.
Thats just my personal opinion, hopefully none are offended by this :D

My Favorite Character was Zoidberg.

They had alot more room to do more Origional and quirky things for the series.

And I felt at the End of "Devil Hands Are Idel Play things" made me thirsty for more Episodes.

Because the characters wheren't really developed as far as they could go and all the loose ends wheren't tied up for my liking in the end episode.

Jarrassic Bark was another favorite of mine...

Pulls out all my box sets and prays!

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 11:56 pm

Narocos300 wrote:
One of my Obssessions is Futurama I have all the seasons on Box set and pull them out from time to time to watch my favorite Episodes.

And I felt at the End of "Devil Hands Are Idel Play things" made me thirsty for more Episodes.

Because the characters wheren't really developed as far as they could go and all the loose ends wheren't tied up for my liking in the end episode.

Futurama was good in some places and bad in others. For example, Bender, Fry, and a few other characters were exceptional. Brannigan, Amy, and Kif were annoying and trivial. I refuse to watch a Brannigan episode because of Hartman. But I am glad to see it back on. Now all Adult Swim has to do is get Pee Wee's Playhouse back and bring The Critic on and I will be content.

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2006, 12:15 am

THATS GREAT!! ! :jester: :jester:

I'm a BIG fan....

You made my day!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Edit: Just read the 2008 thing :? , still happy though

Narocos300

25 Jun 2006, 12:19 am

Branigan... 8O Annoying and trivial Never :D
He wasn't a character you where meant to take seriously :roll:.

He was daring/bumbling and wanna be Lover for Leela.

His frequent weak turned down advances on Leela made him funny. And he was made even more of an ass when he chose to ignore her flat offputtedness against his advances.

When ever there was a chance for him to be killed they sent him in godwilling he was the fall back guy when ever no one wanted the job. And everybody hated him, and the more his pompisity came out the more stupid he seemed.

Because no one liked him and that was what made him an iconic and in my mind a character I well remember in the futurama series the most.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 2:47 am

Narocos300 wrote:

IMNSHO, I actually prefer "Futurama" to "The Simpsons", although "Futurama" was, at first, an acquired taste. In terms of sci-fi-comedy, it's second only to "Red Dwarf" and "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Here's hoping they can work in some "Doctor Who" references..... :wink:

On sabbatical...

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2006, 9:01 am

OMG! i like Zoidberg too! he's my fave
"Horray! people are listing to me!"

Proffeser is funny: "Over there thats just my
intergalatic space shop"
"and these are my diferent couloured wires!
I use them to build that ship! let me show you the
wires in my droor"

i think it went that way a big fan can say it better.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 11:40 am

I think that my fav was the one about slurm.

Fry: OMG, it comes out of her butt!, slurp, slurp slurp
Thats disgusting! slurp, slurp, slurp
I´ll never drink this again! slurp, slurp, slurp

The most accurate (and hilarious) description of addiction I think that I have ever seen.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 9:21 pm

Narocos300 wrote:

His frequent weak turned down advances on Leela made him funny. And he was made even more of an ass when he chose to ignore her flat offputtedness against his advances.

When ever there was a chance for him to be killed they sent him in godwilling he was the fall back guy when ever no one wanted the job. And everybody hated him, and the more his pompisity came out the more stupid he seemed.

Because no one liked him and that was what made him an iconic and in my mind a character I well remember in the futurama series the most.

*Sigh* I thought I might have to explain this to someone. Brannigan was supposed to be Phil Hartman. There are numerous Phil Hartman characters you may remember, such as Troy McClure, Lionel Hutz, Bill from Newsradio, and the Captain from the first episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse. Then, in the most tragic event in comedy since the passing of Lenny Bruce, his wife shot him during a drug trip. She then shot herself. In his memory, Fry's character became Phillip J. Fry. However, Brannigan was not taken off the show. This is the reason that I hate him. Also, if you watch Madagascar, the main penguin is also a Phil Hartman impersonation.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2006, 2:50 am

subatai_baadur wrote:
Narocos300 wrote:

*Sigh* I thought I might have to explain this to someone. Brannigan was supposed to be Phil Hartman. There are numerous Phil Hartman characters you may remember, such as Troy McClure, Lionel Hutz, Bill from Newsradio, and the Captain from the first episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse. Then, in the most tragic event in comedy since the passing of Lenny Bruce, his wife shot him during a drug trip. She then shot herself. In his memory, Fry's character became Phillip J. Fry. However, Brannigan was not taken off the show. This is the reason that I hate him. Also, if you watch Madagascar, the main penguin is also a Phil Hartman impersonation.

Yeah, I was thinking, "Ain't that Phil Hartman?" (I knew him best for Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure from The Simpsons). It's actually Billy West, who also provides (amongst others) the voices of Fry, the Professor, and Dr Zoidberg.

On sabbatical...

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2006, 4:31 pm

Well, in the words of Homer J. Simpson I say "WOO! HOO!"

I just told my good friend about it last night. We're so exided!! !! !! :wink:

ladakh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2006, 1:19 pm

Brannigan is great! He defeated the evil robot horde by sending wave after wave of human soldiers to their deaths until the killbots reached their kill limit and turned themselves off- he is a hero!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 6:57 pm

There's a deleted scene from that episode where we meet one of the former killbots, who became friendly after being reactivated. However, Bender decides to reset the kill-meter, and the killbot chases his two former crewmates (two different crewmembers from Brannigan and Kif) down a corridor, complete with cheesy 70's laser sound effect.

On sabbatical...