Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:12 am

Have you ever seen a movie that wasn't really that good or just really horrible but the score was good?
One of my favourites is Jerry Goldsmith's score to Star Trek The Motion Picture, possibly my favourite.
The movie had a few good moments but after Spock came aboard the Enterprise it kinda slipped away, but the score was excellent. I would like to know if anyone else has seen any others movies and felt the same way.[b]

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:19 pm

Disney's "The Black Hole" has the most awesome score ever (by James Bond composer John Barry). Also, Ennio Morricone's main theme for "Orca" is my favourite piece of film music. Then there's John Williams' theme from "Monsignor". Klaus Badelt's score for the ill-received 2002 version of "The Time Machine" is also very stirring.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 3:17 pm

Surf's Up was horrible, but I can't really remember the score.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 4:13 pm

I love the song that Poison Ivy introduces herself with in the movie Batman and Robin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZutiUrTc4[/youtube]

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 4:24 pm

Scent of a Woman. Not the best film ever made by a long chalk... cliched plot and all the rest of it (though well acted by the two leads.) I do remember the score as being outstanding though... and completely overlooked for some reason.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 5:12 pm

Thank you for responding I'm new to something like this and I'm hoping this website will help me talk to people since I don't have many friends.
I do agree that Joel Schumacher's Batman films are silly but the scores are ok and so are the songs. Although the films are to be hated I have in the past watched them on occassions to go along with the first two because I'm one of those people who watch all the films in the saga despite some of the films being bad. However I'm just gonna watch the first two without watching the other two.