Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JVDifferent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2009, 10:40 am

I really hate Eragon. I read the book to find out just how bad it was- and it was pretty horrendous (in my opinion). So the fact that there is a movie based on this terrible book... it irks me something fierce.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 5:34 am

I was told that the Eragon movie wasn't very good.

JVDifferent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2009, 10:15 am

That's what makes the whole exercise even worse. :/

People got profit out of it.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2010, 6:44 pm

Epic Movie
Disaster Movie
Burn, Hollywood, Burn
Anything Hannah Montana or High School Musical related
The Hangover
Bruno

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:30 pm

Chicago.

TonyTheTiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2010, 5:52 pm

New Moon. I find the entire culture based around the Twilight saga insufferable.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

Twilight/New Moon - The book was bad, the fanbase is horrible and that is enough to put anyone off seeing a movie.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 3:50 am

I think what I would suggest is perhaps making the category into movies that look so bad you're afraid to see them. I have plenty of those. (Hannah Montana, Camp Rock, High School Musical, Dirty Dancing) Or movies someone talked you into seeing but that you suspected would suck, and what do you know, they did! Practical Magic, for example.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 2:58 pm

I don't know if I (or anyone) actually hates these movies that they haven't seen but there is a reason for the dislike of the ones I don't like.

Harry Potter
Monsters vs Aliens
Twilight
The Narnia films

So what's the connection? THEY WERE ALL OVERHYPED!! !

I actually did watch Monsters vs Aliens recently (so I suppose it doesn't count....) and lets put it this way. The DVD which I (thankfully) borrowed for free from the library, started playing up about 3 1/4 of the way through and instead of getting mad at my DVD player I laughed and thanked it for saving me from the worst hour of my life...

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 8:33 pm

DarkAngel wrote:
You can't hate a movie you have not seen.

I believe this thread works because there is more than one one user on this forum.

I've seen some:
Bruno fails hard, it's like first gay kisses on tv, other stuff that you think is rare, but is completely untrue to life.
Tarantino just recycles things, worse as his career goes on.
Michael Moore sucks because instead of showing just what's wrong he just goes in the opposite direction too far and tells outright lies.
ET - It was kinda good for when it came out, now it just sucks.
Epic move/disaster movie/meet the spartans:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHWJ9jPYw8[/youtube]

So the ones I hate that I haven't seen:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Rowling, she's making some theme park. I wish I could put a contract out on her self absorbed head.
High School musical, and whatever the sequel was called. I've seen most of it's content and can recognise the faces of nearly all the actors due to the press vomit and full televised assault, yet never intend to watch it.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 2:01 am

Jellybean wrote:
I don't know if I (or anyone) actually hates these movies that they haven't seen but there is a reason for the dislike of the ones I don't like.

Harry Potter
Monsters vs Aliens
Twilight
The Narnia films

So what's the connection? THEY WERE ALL OVERHYPED!! !

I actually did watch Monsters vs Aliens recently (so I suppose it doesn't count....) and lets put it this way. The DVD which I (thankfully) borrowed for free from the library, started playing up about 3 1/4 of the way through and instead of getting mad at my DVD player I laughed and thanked it for saving me from the worst hour of my life...

Now that's a good point. There have been so many movies that I have taken an interest in seeing but by the time they were released in theaters had lost all interest in seeing. Forest Gump was one noteworthy example. I never have sat through the whole thing. Titanic interested me because the Titanic sinking had been a fascination of mine for a time and the replica work on the film sounded so impressive. I am now glad that I missed it... I loathe Leonardo di Caprio and Celine Dion's singing (seems like a nice lady but I hate her voice) and I would rather see an honest telling of the story rather than have my intelligence insulted by the insertion of a mock couple to keep me from losing interest. Plus, as my mom pointed out, I know how it ends. :wink:

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 4:16 pm

I agree with you about Twilight; just seeing the commercials aggravate me and I don;t understand what the hell is up with this damn vampire fad? It's so stupid. Then again any teenage love crap annoys the hell out of me. Of course many girls in their 20's that I have to associate with love the films. I refuse to ever see it. I'd rather see a movie like 2012, or pretty much anything else.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 10:05 pm

Where the Wild Things Are

It's a movie that screams in promos: "bring a pillow, you're bound to fall asleep sometime"

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 12:22 am

raisedbyignorance wrote:
Where the Wild Things Are

It's a movie that screams in promos: "bring a pillow, you're bound to fall asleep sometime"

If that's the case, I may have to pick up a copy (I've got 3 kids).

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

Generally anything with Tom Hanks in it (although I have seen Forrest Gump and Survivor and did like them as movies even though he was in them), not a huge Sandra Bullock or S_J Parker fan either, I would rather eat vomit than see Twilight or 2010, Milk Money, that Jessica simpson movie (don't even know the name), Cloudy with a chance etc doesn't rate with me, Fantastic Mr Fox looks like mediocre bastardry of a lovely, classic book and any of those Goldie Hawn /Meryl Streep type ones with 'Sisters' in title; that genre extends to Sister Act 3.

Meryl Streep was OK in Lemonysnickett though I didn't mind her.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 11:42 am

Life is too short to hate things.

There are plenty of films that I don't want to see, admittedly.