Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 8:37 am

I love this movie. I aspire to be just like Maude.

Maude: I should like to change into a sunflower most of all. They're so tall and simple. What flower would you like to be?
Harold: I don't know. One of these, maybe.
Maude: Why do you say that?
Harold: Because they're all alike.
Maude: Oooh, but they're *not*. Look. See, some are smaller, some are fatter, some grow to the left, some to the right, some even have lost some petals. All *kinds* of observable differences. You see, Harold, I feel that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are *this*,
[she points to a daisy]
Maude: yet allow themselves be treated as *that*.
[she gestures to a field of daisies]

Has anyone else seen it and liked it as much as me? :P

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 8:39 am

I love that movie.

glenna74
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2010, 9:34 am

That's a great movie. I love the low-riding Jag-hearse Harold makes.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 9:42 am

It's pretty rad, I agree.

I want Maude's train compartment home.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:38 am

Ruth Gordon was a great actress playing the character, "Maude" very well...against Harold in his many attention seeking behaviors so bent on suicide. She also, delighted audiences in the Clint Eastwood fim, "Every Which Way But Loose" as well as many other films before she passed away a few years ago.

DaQwerk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2010, 11:03 am

I think Harold and Maude was one of the most thoughtful movies ever made. Ruth Gordon was awewome...she was great in those Clint Eastwood movies. I still laugh when I think of her chewing out Clyde the Orangutan, and the scene with the motel manager. :lol:

Kahil Gibran

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2010, 11:40 am

Snazzestick, you neve cease to amaze me.

One of my favorite movies of all time. My friend recommended it to me after I told her I would like very much to drive a hearse.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 3:12 am

My husband used to work as a gravedigger in high school. I guess he must have gotten to drive a hearse (sans stiff) because he said they drive pretty smooth.

I love that movie, too. One of my favorite bits is the stunt they arrange to get him out of the draft, the bit with the shrunken head.

"To think, I may get to make my own!"

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 3:15 am

Yes, I love it :D

FeralAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2010, 5:38 pm

Definitely one of the best movies ever. I love it for it's great critique of our absurd culture and for it's awesome Cat Steven's music.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 6:08 pm

I like your Dostoyevsky avie FeralAspie :)

irishwhistle wrote:
My husband used to work as a gravedigger in high school. I guess he must have gotten to drive a hearse (sans stiff) because he said they drive pretty smooth.

I love that movie, too. One of my favorite bits is the stunt they arrange to get him out of the draft, the bit with the shrunken head.

"To think, I may get to make my own!"

:lol:

When he mock-fights with Maude! I love that bit too.