I've seen E7, but i disagree 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I've never seen E7 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
WTF are you talking about, Roxas? 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 16

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 12:32 am

IF any of you have watched the anime series Eureka Seven by Bones/Bandai, you'll probably know what a Coralian is, but for those who don't, i'll explain. In the anime, an alien symbiote known as the Scub-Coral has established itself in great numbers on Earth. It in itself is a sentient being; however, its only method of communication with other species is by merging with said species. It's thought processes also emit waves of radiation called trapar, which are used in special hoverboards to "lift" or surf the skies. At the time of the anime, the Scub-Coral has spread over the enire Earth's surface, and has also generated entirely new forms of life based upon the intelligence it has gathered from merging with other species. These life forms are known as Coralians. Most are in the form of sea creatures, since the Scub-Coral first landed in the sea and began merging with marine life. However, in an effort to learn about the humans that second the Scub-Coral in population, it also begain creating humanoid Coralians and inserting them into human society to gather information. These humanoid Coralians, usually female, start off having no social knowledge at all; their minds are pretty much blank pages. Eventually, however, they learn about human nature, at which time they return to the Scub-Coral and at this information to the growing Coralian collective. One such humanoid Coralian is the main character and the anime's namesake; a young LFO pilot called Eureka.

Anyways, back to my point. The reason I posted this backstory is that I kind of feel like us Aspies have something in common with the fictional Coralians. We come into this world lacking the social aptitude of NT's, yet our minds allow us to comprehend things most normal people wouldn't understand. In some cases we are advanced enough to pick up on things that we don't know instinctively, like humans do. In other words, we learn in time what we don't know already, just like Eureka and the other Coralians. And finally, many of us feel out of place: wrong species, wrong country, wrong planet. The Coralians, created by the scub-coral symbiote that came from another dimension, probably, are the same way. I'm not trying to say that we are products of some weird phenomona like that, or that Coralians acutally exist outside the anime (which they don't). But I've seen a connection between the two. Maybe we are like the Coralians of the real world. Anyway thought I would share this thought with you guys. You all now owe me 1 cent each (a penny for your thoughts, geddit? :?: )

If you've never seen Eureka Seven and don't have a clue what i'm babbling on about, i wwould recommend the anime. It's kind of a love story, so things get sappy in some parts, but it counters this with some good aerial mecha action. Warning, though, it has some adult references and innuendo, as well as violence, gore, and some language (I can name one instance where even Adult Swim had to bleep it out). It doesn't focus on these, though, and it has a very good plotline, so older teen and up should be a good rating.

Roxas

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 1:42 am

I love the idea. Coralians!

I wonder where we came from though, that's the mystery.

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2008, 11:52 am

Sounds like a good anime! I have a pretty large collection of Bandai animes, but I've never heard of this one. I'll have to check it out.

I'm more of an Abh. 8)

Or maybe the JAM. :(

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 6:07 pm

It's kind of new, but the fan base is growing. If you have cable/satillite TV and don't mind sleeping in late the next morining, Cartoon Network Adult Swim airs it on weekday late nights at 0200 EST (about 0100 CST), after Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Right now its about midway through the series.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 9:32 pm

I thought you meant 'Carolinians'...I live here, but never caught on with the locals..;)

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 11:44 pm

I'll bump this, in case some of the other anime fans are interested...

Iloverussia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2010, 6:36 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
I'll bump this, in case some of the other anime fans are interested...

I was going to post a thread about this. I totally agree with you. Although it seems to me Eureka seemed like a more extreme slate. Hands down though E7 is the best anime....ever!! ! It made me aware of love in an odd sort of way. It made me question my existance. It changed me.

HappyBugg2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jan 2010, 5:06 pm

i don't know anything about the anime, but my nephew does. I'll ask him.

There is also a dual set of PS2 games about this, which have some relation to the anime. Again, i'll ask him and (hopefully) reply back. I don't know if this will go against policy here, but the anime can be found on youtube definitely and demonoid. If you know what that is. The PS2 games haven't sold well, i DO know that for sure.