Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2010, 6:46 pm

Everyone.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2010, 6:55 pm

I haven't watched since the fifth doctor left. Tom Baker was the best.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2010, 7:32 pm

I love Doctor Who - Never have much time to watch my DVD's though

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 7:34 pm

Define 'seen'. I used to be a major fanatic. Now, although it remains my primary obsession, I've cooled down quite a bit.

That being said, I've met one of the actors who played the Doctor, Colin Baker. Not Tom Baker, the one with the scarf, but Colin Baker, the one with the coat in bad taste.

On sabbatical...

orangebanana
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jan 2010, 8:10 pm

Tennant FTW! IMHO David Tennant was the best Doctor. I love Doctor Who.

Aietra
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

LOVE IT!! ! David Tennent rocks! I was so sad to hear that he'd left. "Blink" was on TV the other day - the one with the weeping angels. I saw this whole season years ago, but I can't resist watching them all again. I kind of wish they'd get some newer ones, though. Even though it'll mean no more David Tennent. :(

I've seen plenty of the older seasons too, though. :)

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 9:54 pm

I've seen some of the old Who and all of the new Who (except Dreamland, which I intend to watch at some point, but including the '96 TV movie). I'm really excited for the next season, as Steven Moffat is taking over as showrunner, and he's really talented and has written some of my favorite episodes.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 1:26 am

I love Doctor Who! I've seen the new ones multiple times and I'm currently in the process of watching all of the original ones.

I love it so much that when I learned how to crochet, my first big project was a dalek and the next was the tenth doctor. I was so impressed with myself.

fidelis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 1:54 am

I have watched a few episodes. I really like it, but I can't seem to find a good place online to watch it (don't get BBC). The main problem is I cant find the begging. I can't watch anything unless i have seen it in order.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 7:18 am

fidelis wrote:
I have watched a few episodes. I really like it, but I can't seem to find a good place online to watch it (don't get BBC). The main problem is I cant find the begging. I can't watch anything unless i have seen it in order.

I dunno where to find the first story (variously called An Unearthly Child and 100,000 BC) online, but a DVD boxset called The Beginning Boxset has the first three Doctor Who stories: An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction. This boxset has a wonderful documentary on the creation of the program called Doctor Who: Origins, as well as a pilot version of the original story which was never meant to be transmitted.

Here's the first part of the first episode from YouTube. This is not the pilot version, as most versions on YouTube appear to be, but rather the version transmitted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxD0xurcqMY[/youtube]

I recommend that, if you can borrow the DVD set, do so.

On sabbatical...

Bren122
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2010, 11:48 am

The first Doctor Who I saw scared me witless (I think I was 5 or 6 at the time) and I didn't watch it again until they had the show with all the Doctors and their archenemy had to help them (when I started typing this I knew his name but when I got here it had gone).
David Tennant is my favourite doctor; Colin Baker a close second. Both bring a ready sense of humour to the character.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 7:28 pm

It's the first thing I remember watching on television. (I attribute my life long fear of spiders to the death of Jon Pertwee.) Loved it then, and now. I've got an embarrassingly long list of fan vids favourited on youtube.

asobi_seksu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2010, 12:45 pm

a big fan of the new and classic doctor who....
weirdly enough one of my friends is almost exactly like DT and another looks scarily like matt smith...
now all I need to find is someone with cellery as a fashion assesory or someone with a passion for jelly babies.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:13 pm

I'm not into Doctor Who. But I did like Billie Piper when she released a one hit wonder in the 90's So I watched mainly for her. Christopher Eccleston was good, but I though that David couldn't do a job as good as him. But I was wrong. This time round, there are new writers as well as a different Doctor. Here's waiting for Easter (UK showing)

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 3:58 pm

feaghal wrote:
Who's seen Doctor who?

Um...an aspie who *doesn't* know about Doctor Who is like a fish that's allergic to water - doesn't exist. :P :lol:

But in all seriousness, yes, you could call me a medium strength fan, in that even though I haven't seen all of the stories, I catch them on TV whenever I can.